Chapter 17

Annabelle

I switched on the light and welcomed the warmth of the flat, it was funny how a fearful moment with the queen brought about my coming home.

I smiled and placed my keys in my bag, It felt like years since I stepped into the flat when really it was just days, days filled with different events. 

Home sweet home. I thought, moving from the door to the sofa.

"We don't have time for this."

"Can't we just stay here instead of your private flat?"

"Do you need publicity in this?"

I shook my head at the awful thought of the media knocking at my doorsteps, storming my mum's hospital room and later finding out it was all fake.

"Get what you need," He commanded as he walked in, took his seat and crossed his legs.

I stood from the sofa, ready to head upstairs when the door swung open.

I turned, expecting to see Joshua but my jaw dropped at the sight of my plumpy Aunt.

She stared at the door with her lips pressed in annoyance before looking up to meet my gaze. she threw her handbag on the porch, spilling out all the content,  Kicking it aside, she ran into the flat.

"Belle!" She screamed caging me in a tight hug and lifting me off my feet.

"Tía Valeria, what are you doing here?"

"Look at my baby, all grown up, chest all pushed out and, wait, is that makeup?" She asked ignoring my question.

"Forget that, my stay here will be fabulous!" She said with a grin.

It's been four years I saw her, and within these years, she was still the same cheerful and strong lady. She pulled me into a hug again and pulled at my cheeks.

I stared at Logan whose gazed was fixed at the drama unfolding before him.

"Anna?"

Aunt Valeria turned, from her looks I knew she just noticed his presence.

"Who is this chico guapo? Wait a minute do I know you?"

I swallowed hard.

She moved closer to him playing detective. "Are you?"

Logan smiled, ran his fingers down his hair as realization crossed her face.

"I've seen you on TV," she said pointing at him. "Are you a model?"

I sighed in relief while Logan shook his head.

"Well, who are you? And what are you doing with my Belle?" She asked I could tell she had a frown on.

"Tía-"

She raised her hands and turned to me frowning. "Let him speak Belle!"

Oh well, he is on his own.

"I am Logan, Annabelle's boss," he said extending his hands.

"Just her boss?" She asked, shaking his hand.

He nodded.

She muttered something and moved to my side. "Está soltero?"

I nodded, dumbfounded at her question.

She turned back to him with a grin. "Good."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, walking past her to pick her bag and it's spilt content.