Chapter 22

Logan

I pushed a throw pillow aside and took my seat on the white oversized sofa in the tea room, sitting comfortably, I focused my attention on Edward.

I couldn't believe Laura brought a thug to the castle, that was the only reasonable way to describe a man with piercing on his nose and ears.

Simply unbelievable!

Laura, the last born of the family, also known as the black sheep, was the only one capable of displeasing mum in the must unarticulated way, the only one brave enough to go against her wishes.

"So, What do you do for a living Edward?" I asked, ready to know the young block who caught the fancy of my twenty-one year old sister.

"I'm not stable on jobs, but right now I play with a band called snake," he explained, folding the sleeves of his shirt to expose more tattoos on his hands.

Not ready to linger, I asked the most important question. "Are you in love with my sister?" 

He rubbed his right hand on his chin with a smile. "I was asked this question by the queen and I said yes, but man to man," he paused for a second and leaned forward. "No."

Folding my hands in a fist, I felt a boiling rage in my chest. "Does she know?"

"Yeah she does, this is just a fling between us, and my tigress knows."

I released my fingers from the fist and smirked at the nickname, Tigress, it was the perfect name for her.

"Is there anything else you will love to disclose, man to man? Because if you don't, I'm sure it won't go down well for you."

"Yes, I sell drugs."

Bravo Laura! I thought as I jutted my jaw with a frown.

"Don't get it wrong your highness, Laura doesn't take drugs, I ensure this part with care," He explained, with seriousness in his brown eyes.

"Now listen here," I sneered, maintaining a low tone. I had to get Laura away from him if I could, but with Laura, my plans were impossible.

"I can't send you away, Laura will know I did and will raise hell, but after the ball, I need you out of her life."

He nodded with a smile.

"That was the plan before now, like I said your highness, a fling, just for enjoyment."

I stared intensively at him for seconds, I knew there was nothing I could do but accept this man for the time being.

"Well, welcome to the family." I stretched out my hand, which he took with a wide grin.

"And good luck," I said, standing up.

"For what?"

"You will be needing it with my mum, she has the final say."

I watched his straight face turned red, it was clear mum was against their relationship.

***

I parted ways with Edward, with the promise of meeting during dinner. He was off the book for now, I had more jeopardizing matters in my hands.

I walked past the ballroom again, only to catch a glimpse of Eva and Leo parting ways.

Moving slowly, I followed Eva who continued in her graceful pace, and only turned once to catch a glimpse of me.

She stopped in front of a door which I presumed was her room and walked In, leaving it slightly opened.

"And what does the prince wants?" She asked, her back turned to me as I stepped in, jammed the door lock and leaned with my back on it.