Chapter 16

Logan

I knew this was going to happen soon enough, especially with Grandma extreme excitement at me bringing a girl home. She has always been joy-filled by the sight of her grandchildren in love, I knew this from her inability to let Rose and Scott get some peace of mind, not that it was bad, it was just too much, but too much was the fun of having a grandmum, it was her special charm.

I pulled Annabelle back as she tried to flee.

"Let me go."

I looked up to see Grandma mounting her horse, an attempt to give us privacy.

I let her go and she stumbled backwards a little. "She's gone."

She sighed and started towards her horse, but halted and turned back with a frown.

What now?

She stopped in front of me still wearing the frown. "We need to talk about this."

"We did, the deal is you act love struck with me, which include public display of affection when needed, but royal's don't do that, so forget it."

"What if this happens again?"

"Then we do the needful," I blurted turning to mount my horse. In reality, kissing her was off, I knew that.

She snorted. "Try it and I will bite your lips off."

I rolled my eyes at that. "Maybe you should also try controlling your tongue."

"What did I do now?" She asked hands akimbo.

"That was the Duke of Richmond wife you insulted last night."

"I didn't, wait, what did she say?"

"No need for excuses Eva."

"Maybe you should also keep your hands off other women," She blurted, I turned back to see if anyone was within earshot.

"What d-"

"I saw her hands around you last night and don't even think of it. I'm not jealous, but if you want this to work, you also need to be in love with me."

"Huh?"

"That came out wrong, but you know what I meant."

I stared at her in amazement, she was observant, I would give her that. Oliver, Christian's wife has been on to me for years and the old man never noticed.

She started back to her horse and halted again, I shook my head.

She still has more to say.

"One more thing," she said, her index finger raised.

"What?"

"Tomorrow is Friday."

"And?"

"I'm supposed to spend the weekend with my mum."

I stared at her, my face void of any emotion. "We never made such an arrangement."

"You-"

"I know what I said Eva, I never said this weekend."

"Then I quit!"

I mounted my horse and stared down at her with a smile. "It's not even a week and you are tired? C'mon, I thought you were smart?"

"Oh, really? We shall see then," she said marching back to her horse.

I watched her mount her horse, the smile still on my lips. It was fun seeing her tensed.