Chapter 10

Annabelle

Daniel walked to my sneakers, picked it, strolled back slowing and placed it in front of me.

Not the reaction I expected.

"Now Miss Eva, sneakers are not allowed in the ballroom, I believe the Queen will not accept of such behavior."

I turned to Rose who nodded in argument.

"I promise it won't happen again."

"Your word is your bond."

This phrase sounded like a threat, especially coming from him, a double threat.

He smiled and turned. "Back to rehearsals ladies."

Rose moved closer to me. "Do you play football?" She asked, with a grin.

I shook my head and smiled. It was my first day of rehearsal and my shoe was flying around the ballroom already, God knows what will happen in the next rehearsal.

***

Logan

I stared at the caller ID on my phone, I forgot I had business with Michael and left him hanging.

"Logan!" He exclaimed with excitement.

"Hey Men."

"I didn't get to see you again, what happened?"

"Sorry, I sorted it out."

"Well that's great, but that's not why I called." He paused. "Your cousin came in today."

"My cousin?"

"Yeah, Leo."

I stood from the sofa, puzzled by this information. "Did he ask anything?"

"No, he didn't."

"Why was he there?"

"He just wanted to chat."

I ran my fingers through my hair, Leo was never a fan of Michael just like Aaron, he was a man with no proclivity for such environment. "Did he promise to come back?"

"Like you, yes." He paused, I could hear giggling of ladies from his end. "I really need to go."

"Alright, thanks."

"Talk to you soon."

"Sure thing." I hung up and ran my fingers down my hair again.

What is Leo up to?

I scrolled through my phone and dialled Aaron, we needed to talk.

***

"C'mon Mum."

"I'm just saying, you boys need to do this together."

"I can attend this event without Leo tagging along."

"My word is final, you boys shall grace the Annual peace dinner with your presence."

I turned to Leo who sat facing me without uttering a word, this alone meant mum broke the news to him before now.

I placed my spoon on my plate, my appetite lost in a flash. I couldn't believe she discussed this with Leo in private and broke the news to me on the diner table.

"Eva dear, how was your dance rehearsal today?" Grandma asked, changing the sour topic, she knew I was pissed my mum's action.

"It was great, Daniel is a great teacher."

"Well that's nice, I believe we can start on the portrait tomorrow then?" Mum asked.

I mentally slapped myself, I forgot about the portrait.  I was meant to convince mum to change her decision and let go of the crazy idea. "You still want a portrait?"