It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

As they drove home, Thomas stared in awe around him. There were Christmas decorations everywhere. It was like everyone was ready for Christmas, "I love this time of year. It's like everyone's ready for Christmas." Thomas couldn't help saying out loud. John nodded his agreement, "I know, everyone's giving gifts, singing songs, doing community service, lots of stuff. It's like all the problems in the world are being forgotten for a short, but awesome time. Speaking of songs, let's see what's on the radio." Thomas pushed the radio on. 

Thomas smiled, one of their favorites.  He and John sang along.  As they pulled into home, they saw their Dad on the phone and their Mom making supper. Their Mom greeted them with a smile, "Hi, boys. Your father's on the phone with your Uncle Ben. Go knock out some homework and supper should be ready." The boys headed off to do their work. Thomas was glad the only homework he had was to turn in his virtual project on the water cycle and finish the book for History. John was glad, too. He only had a couple pages of math to finish.

Once they sat down to supper, the boys started chatting excitedly about the upcoming trip, "It's going to be so much fun!" Thomas exclaimed, "Open space, beautiful sunsets-"

"And surprises!" John reminded him. Mr. and Mrs. Smith laughed at their sons' excitement, "I know it means a lot to your grandma that we'll be coming." The boys smiled at each other, "When do we leave?" John asked.

"Day after tomorrow." Their father told them, "You boys should start packing after supper and chores."

"We will!"