Chapter Four

//(Y/n)'s POV//

I sit in my cottage, staring dejectedly at the floor. Two of my classmates are dead. This is real. What the hell. What the HELL! Why me, why us, why her...
I stand up and change into more comfortable clothes, and lock my door. Even lodging a chair in front of it for extra protection. Eventually I drift off to sleep. Dreaming about my life before this hell endured.

〰️Time skip brought to you by Kaito's right sleeve〰️

The morning announcement woke me up, I sit upright in by bed. "Man, I have serious bed-head." I mumble as I run my fingers through my (H/l) (H/c) hair, which is sticking out in all directions. I quickly shower and comb my hair, putting on a slightly nicer outfit than usual. As I'm about to step outside, I hear a soft knock on the door. I move the chair, and open the door to see...

"Goooooood Morning (Y/n)!" Ibuki smiles from ear to ear.
"Good morning Ibuki." I muster up a smile, rubbing the back of my neck.
"Ibuki came to bring (Y/n) to the diner!" She grinned as she grabbed my hand and ran to the diner, dragging me behind her.

We burst through the doors of the diner, where we have breakfast. Some people were silent, solemn, sad. Others were acting normal, trying to be hopeful. I noticed my regular table waiting for me and Ibuki. Gundham now sits with us too. Though usually he just argues with Kazuichi. Ibuki waves and drags me with her to the table. "Ibuki brought (Y/n)!" She laughed. I waved, giving a small smile.

"Good Morning, (Y/n)! Glad to see you could make it." Kazuichi gave me a toothy grin.
"I'm glad to see you all too." I chuckled to myself.
"I hope you have rested well, mortal. You will need your energy if you wish to survive here." Gundham preached to me.
"I think I slept okay. Thanks for your consideration though, Gundham." I gave a warm smile. He turned his face away into his scarf. I could tell he was blushing.

We had our breakfast, and were about to part ways, when Sonia stopped me.
"Dearest (Y/n), will you join me and the girls on our trip to the beach today?" She sparkled with joy. How can I say no to that face? I grinned, "Of course I'll join you!"

"Wonderful! Meet us in your swimwear at the diner on the second island. See you then." She smiled and walked away. She is so sweet. I can't wait.

I returned to my cottage to get a swim suit. I slipped into my (F/c) bathing suit and went off to the diner.

When I arrived, Ibuki, Peko, Chiaki, and Akane had already arrived. To my surprise, Kazuichi and Hajime were there too. But they weren't in swim suits, like the rest of us.
"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" I smiled as I lifted my hand to my chin.
"We were on our way to the beach but we stopped for a snack, when we bumped into Ibuki. She said she'd ask Sonia if we could tag along with you guys." Kazuichi shot me a thumbs up and a sharp smile. Hajime just sat there, his face a deep shade of red, he was obviously flustered by the revealing suits. I giggled to myself at the thought. I know their scheme, they can't fool me. But I wont ruin their fun.
The door behind me creaked open, and in walked Sonia. She was wearing a skin tight wet suit. I blushed deeply at the sight. She's gorgeous. How does she manage to fluster me at every turn. I want her to feel the same way, I hope she feels the same way. But shes so sweet, it's hard to tell...

//Kazuichi's POV//

//Kazuichi's POV//

Wow, Miss Sonia looks AMAZING in that wetsuit. It's so tight, it's as if I'm seeing her without clothes. /(/⁰/-/⁰/)/ But, (Y/n) is looking at her too. Ugh, they're probably having lewd thoughts about her. Little do they know that she is my soulmate! No matter what happens between them, she will be mine in the end. Her gorgeous body and pretty personality will be all mine.

//(Y/n)'s POV//

Not a few moments later, Kazuichi left for the beach house, Hajime following soon after.

I wasn't expecting the Body Discovery Announcement to ring out like a fallout siren.

We all ran to the beach house, for we heard Kazuichi's girly scream echo in the distance. It was Mahiru, laying against the door in a pool of her own blood.

"No, not again. This, this can't be happening." I grabbed the sides of my head, visibly stressed. Sonia walked over to me, also frightened in her own way. Trying her best to comfort me, she pulled me into a gentle embrace. My hands fell to my sides, and I slowly returned her embrace.
"Do not be frightened (Y/n), be brave. We shall prevail. Mahiru's killer will be brought to justice, and we'll eventually get out of here. I still need to take you to see Novoselic remember. I believe in destiny. We will be okay." She spoke softly, and I began to quietly cry. Trying my best not to let anyone notice.

I stood up, we both relaxed our arms. I held my head high, "Thank you Sonia, you truly are amazing."
She smiled at my remark, as a blush made it's way across her face. We immediately began to assist in the investigation.
"Hold on, this mask!" Sonia beamed. "It belongs to sparkling justice!"
"Oh? Who is that?" I smiled, looking at the anime girl mask.
"Sparkling Justice is a serial killer who kills in the name of justice, this is her mask! What if Sparkling Justice killed Mahiru?" She questioned.
I giggled, "I think one of us did this, but maybe one of us is Sparkling Justice."
She smiled at me, and we continued to look for evidence.

〰️Time skip brought to you by Kokichi's bandana〰️

Within the depths of Monokuma rock, our trial was being held. All of our evidence has Peko Pekoyama, the ultimate swordswoman, backed into a corner. Her personality instantly changed as she put on the mask from the crime scene. Claiming she was Sparkling Justice. I looked over to Sonia as this happened, she looked like a fangirl who had just met her idol. However, Sonia had pointed out that the serial killer was Spanish. Proving Peko not to be Ms. Justice herself.

Eventually Peko was convicted, and her execution began. Fuyuhiko ran in after her. Poor guy. I knew he had a soft side for the swordswoman. I just hope he doesn't get hurt being so foolish. I thought to myself, before Monokuma made Peko slash Fuyuhiko's eye. Hospitalizing him, and leaving her open for attack. This resulted in Peko's death. I stood there in horror. Another one of my classmates, no, my friends was dead. Fuyuhiko was rushed to the hospital, leaving the rest of us there in shock.

"We should get some rest. Let's go back to our cottages, and try to recover from this loss. After all, you're the symbols of hope! You can overcome anything!" Nagito cheered. I was kind of scared of the guy. He seems to value hope more than life itself.

I sighed and began walking back to my cottage, when Sonia walked up beside me. "Remember, we'll get through this. As long as I have amazing friends like you and Gundham, nothing can truly bring my spirit down." She flexed her arm and held her bicep with the other. I gave her a weak smile, and she slipped her hand into mine. Intertwining our fingers, I turned bright red. We returned to our cottages. I had completely forgotten about the trial until I locked my door behind me. I sighed, and got ready for bed. I smiled to myself as I thought about how soft Sonia's hand was in mine. She truly is so kind <3 I thought before drifting off to sleep.

//Kazuichi's POV//

"She held their hand!?" I yelled as I threw a wrench at my cottage wall. I looked down at the floor. A sting in my eyes welled up as I let a few tears seep out. I decided crying won't get me anywhere, and went to bed.

Why won't she notice me? What is wrong with me? Why doesn't Miss Sonia like me?...

...I'll get her to love me one way or another.