Chapter Twelve

AN: I HATH RETURNED. This is where the story gets interesting. I'm gonna change the original around a bit, so the survivors will be different. Sorry for the inactivity, WiFi problems and home life have had me distracted. Anyways, lets continue the story ;)

Trigger warning

~~Y/N's POV~~

Sonia and I finished up at the diner, and headed off to search for bombs on the island. We both went to the 5th island where we discovered what looked to be a Jeep with bombs in the back. "Well, shit. You think these are them?" I questioned.  

"They aren't very hidden, but maybe we can use them to open the security door on that strange building." she concluded.

I grabbed one of the bombs and we both ran to where she had directed me. She set the bomb in front of the door, and I proceeded to light it and stand back. I anxiously watched as the fuse went down, and down, and down. Until it reached the bottom, where it proceeded to blast out a ton of fireworks.

"God Damn it all to hell!" Sonia shouted, obviously frustrated.

"Hey its okay, at least we know they aren't bombs." I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"We must notify the others" She quickly grabbed me by my hand and ran back to the 5th island. We had made it just as the 'bomb' was about to go off. However three people were missing. Nagito, Akane, and Nekomaru. Nagito left a video message, which directed us to a room where the door was stuck.

"Hold on, I got this!" Kazuichi shot a thumbs up before ramming his shoulder into the door, knocking it open. Almost instantly, the room burst into flames. We quickly put out the fire using the fire extinguishing grenades we found in the break room. After venturing inside the room, we found Nagito...

In a pool of his own blood, a spear driven through his stomach, and many other wounds. "Why the hell does this keep happening?" I shouted, angrily. Sonia held onto my arm, her worried expression locked on Nagito's body. I looked to her and cupped her face in my hands. "Hey, its going to be okay." I reassured her. She smiled at me and buried her face in my sleeve. Hey, I don't mind. 

But wheres Akane and Nekomaru?

Almost as soon as I thought that, Nekomaru came running up to us. "I can't find Akane, have any of you seen her?" He sounded worried.

"No, we haven't. But we can help you look. The others can investigate this crime scene." I said, gesturing to Komaeda. 

Gundham and Sonia accompanied Nekomaru and I on our search for Akane. We looked in the restaurant, the music venue, the diner, the beach house, nothing. Though when we went inside nezumi castle, we definitely found her.

"Akane! We found the bomb, it's alright!" Sonia called to her.

No answer, she just stood there.

"Akane, cmon, dont ignore us!" Nekomaru yelled.

No answer. I decided to walk up and see why she was so concentrated.

I staggered back upon approaching her, I felt like I was going to vomit. The second spear wasn't on the wall, but...

The second spear was impaling her, at just an angle to keep her body upright. Going through her at the shoulder and out her lower thigh, leaning her on the ground. I couldn't believe I hadn't seen the spear from where we were calling her. The others noticed my horror, and came running up to me.

"S-she's dead..." I muttered. Sonia's hand covered her mouth and Gundham stood there in shock. As for Nekomaru, he didn't say a word. I guess I understand why, he and Akane were close. Usually when someone is trying not to cry, it's better to not speak. I put a hand on his shoulder, "We'll find who did this. You should go sit down, the three of us will handle this one."

"Y-yeah, sure." I could hear his voice crack. He slowly walked away, leaving us to investigate the scene.

"Well, let us search for evidence of what happened, shall we?" Gundham stated. Sonia and I nodded, and began our hunt for clues.

AN: Clues and Trial will be continued in the next chapter which will likely be updated tomorrow :) Thank you for your patience, I love all of you. Until the next chapter shall we meet again.