Chapter Five

//(Y/n)'s POV//

I wake up just before the announcement was about to go off. I did my normal routine and made my way to the restaurant. Fuyuhiko had returned to us, but he was wearing an eyepatch. He had lost his vision in that eye. Poor guy. He was asking for our forgiveness, claiming he was a new man. Of course I forgave him easy, I knew he had no intention of hurting anyone. But Hiyoko, oh boy. I swear she sliced him up with words. Soon after he was rushed to the hospital, he slit his own stomach to prove he was sorry.

Later that evening was a party planned to remember the ones we have lost. Hiyokos heart was in the right place with her memorial, but it was too disturbing to look at.

Time skip brought to you by Himiko's magic hat〰️

With a party to prepare for, I went back to my cottage and cleaned myself up. I put on one of my nicer outfits, and made my way to the music venue.
I was greeted by my usual group, Ibuki, Kazuichi, Sonia, and Gundham. We all made our way inside, while Ibuki slipped backstage.

The party was nice, other than the ear splitting vulgar music. I didn't mind too much but the others were rather put off by it.

After the party was over, we all returned to our cottages and rested. It was nice getting to do something normal for once.

〰️Time skip brought to you by the Tanaka Empire〰️

The morning announcement rang through my ears once again. I stood up and got ready to go to the restaurant. While on my way there, I heard...

Crying?

I walked into the restaurant and saw Akane sobbing her eyes out, while Nagito was telling harsh lies to a gullible Ibuki. Monokuma appeared and told us it was despair disease.

〰️Time skip brought to you by the knife in Sayaka's stomach〰️

Hajime, Fuyuhiko, and Mikan are going to be staying at the hospital with the disease carrying students. While the rest of us will be staying in a motel not far from there. Kazuichi seemed to cling to Sonia more often now. Its starting to worry me. She noticed my worried expression after a little while and walked over to me.

"What's the matter (Y/n)? You look troubled." She put her hand on my shoulder.
"Oh, its nothing. Just, Kazuichi seems to be bothering you a lot lately." A looked down a bit, red tints in my cheeks.
She looked to the side a bit, "He tends to stalk me, almost. He's trying to impress me but, its kind of creeping me out."
I was rather put off by this. Why is Kazuichi stalking Sonia? Does he not see he's making her uncomfortable? Maybe, he likes her. But, she doesn't like him. So I have nothing to worry about.

I muster up the courage to take her hands in mine. "I made a promise that I would protect you, so you dont need to worry about Kazuichi. I'll talk to him about it, and everything will be okay."

I noticed a blush run across her face and she gave me a warm smile. "You truly are the most noble of friends." She leaned forward and proceeded to kiss me on the cheek, and walked back into her motel room. My face was as red as a tomato, and I put my hand on the spot she kissed. I smiled to myself, how lucky can I be? Maybe I have Nagito's talent. I giggled a bit, and went off looking for Kazuichi.

I noticed him standing by the sign outside of the motel, and made my way towards him.
"Hey Soda!" I yelled while waving to him.
"Oh, hi (Y/n)! Need something?" He smiled his sharp grin.
"I just wanted to talk to you. Its about Sonia." I rubbed the back of my neck.
"Oh? What about her?" He turned to the side a bit, looking annoyed.
"I was just talking to her. You're kind of scaring her. The way you're following her around and constantly trying to get her attention, its making her uncomfortable." I gave a worried and understanding expression. Kazuichi looked hurt, sad, betrayed almost.
"She, thinks I'm a stalker, doesn't she..." he looked down at his feet.
"Shes just a bit uncomfortable Kaz, just try to treat her less like a princess and more like a friend. After all, I dont want my friends to be upset either." I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He tensed up at the sudden contact, but just as quickly loosened up a bit.
"Thank you, (Y/n). You're too kind." He spoke, a regretful look in his eyes.

//Kazuichi's POV//

What am I doing. I'm getting so worked up over my jealousy. (Y/n) is so understanding and kind. No wonder Miss Sonia likes them so much. I need to stop being such a jerk. I will be better towards Miss Sonia and (Y/n) from now on.

The regrets began to subside as a blush was strewn across my face. I slowly wrapped my arms around (Y/n), quietly asking for forgiveness through this embrace. "You're an amazing friend, (Y/n)." I spoke quietly, though the crack in my voice almost gave away the fact that I was crying a bit. I'm such a baby. I laughed to myself. Releasing (Y/n), I waved goodbye and made my way back to my motel room.

//(Y/n)'s POV//

Kazuichi is such a nice guy, and a goofball too. Once he loosens up, he and Sonia might actually be friends.

I decide that my deed is done, and return to my motel room.