Chapter Eight

Things get sad here, so a bit of a trigger warning.

//(Y/n)'s POV//

I awake to my third day in the funhouse, and I'm already getting really hungry. I let out a silent moan as I get myself out of bed. We need to meet for the stupid Monokuma Tai Chi thing every morning, soon I'm going to need to talk to Gundham about my plan.

I step outside and greet Sonia, I must be the luckiest person alive to have won her heart. "Good morning my angel." I managed to smile at her, even though I was in a bit of pain.
"Good morning my (prince/princess)!" She smiled and pulled me into a tender kiss. These are things she does that gets me up in the morning. As much as my plan pains me, I need to save her. She needs to live.
"Let's make our way to the tower, shall we?" I smiled, holding my arm out for her to hold. With that, we went to the Tai Chi meeting.

〰️Time skip brought to you by Akane's OP shirt button〰️

I was laying in the lounge, I'm losing my energy from a lack of nutrition. Man, this bear is crazy. Once I talk to Gundham, I can fix this. They'll all be free. I refuse to let them starve.

Sonia came over to me, and sat beside me. "I can see the look of sadness on your face. Do not worry, my hero. We'll get out of here soon, I doubt Monokuma will actually make us starve." She had a look of hope in her eyes.

"I promise, you'll get out of here. I love you too much to watch you starve." I turned to face her, and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"I love you too, (Y/n)." I heard worry in her voice. She must have noticed a clue in what I had said. "My first friend, and my love. I hope destiny saves a spot for me and you." She hugged me tighter. I wanted to cry, I didn't want to do what I have to do, but she needs to live. And i refuse to let another killing happen...

I need to talk to Gundham, soon.

We laid there a while longer until we were to return to our rooms. We spoke the whole time, about every little thing we could. I didn't want to leave anything unsaid.

After everyone was asleep, Gundham and I met in the grape tower.
"What did you summon me for, (L/n)?" He spoke
"I'm not gonna let everyone here starve, and I wont let another killing happen." I tried to sound confident.
"You, are going to kill me?" Gundham uttered.
"No, you are going to kill me." I solemnly replied.
He closed his eyes for a moment, and turned to the side. "Why would I do that?" He demanded.
"We need to save everyone,  and I have a plan so you wont get executed." I told him. "Hajime and Chiaki will find the truth, so you have no worries."
Gundham had a sad look in his eyes, "And what of Sonia, she loves you. What will she do if you are no more?" He questioned me.
"Well for one thing, I'm doing this because I love her. And, I know she can find love again. I taught Kaz how to be a gentleman. Maybe with time, he could take my place. But I can't let her starve, I love her too much." I was choking back tears. Gundham seemed to understand what I meant, because he nodded his head. "You are brave, (Y/n). To face death head on for the one you love." He approached me and to my surprise, he hugged me. Lucky for me, I didn't turn to dust.
"Okay, let's hear this plan of yours." He ordered.
"Just fight me, render me injured near fatal. I will do the rest." I shook a bit.
He looked away, "very well..." he whispered. "I am sorry, dear friend. I did not wish for your life to end so soon. I shall make sure, Sonia understands your intentions."

〰️Time skip brought to you by Super Saiyan Ishimaru〰️

I have the note in my pocket, I know Monokuma will take it until it is to be revealed. Gundham was full of regret as we fought, but still I let him win. As I'm bleeding out from multiple wounds, I pull out a small vile of poison from the octagon and quickly drink it. I slip the vile back into my pocket, as my vision goes blurry.

"Sonia, I'm sorry..."

//Sonia's POV// (Morning Timeskip)

I slowly rise and get ready for the day, my strength lingering due to starvation. I walk out into the hall, where I usually greet (Y/n) with open arms. But, they weren't there. Maybe they're still sleeping? I walk over and knock on their door, but nobody answers. Well, that must mean they left without me.
I make my way down to grape tower, Hajime is standing in front of the door in shock.

"What's the matter, Hajime?" I ask.
"I wouldn't go in there Sonia. For your own sake" he puts a hand on my shoulder,  and walks into the room. Chiaki and Akane follow after him. I didn't think it was much until I heard the body discovery announcement go off...

A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, a class trial will begin!

Upon hearing this, I run into the room.

(Y/n) was lying on the floor, bruised and bloody. I couldn't believe my eyes. I fell to my knees before them and began to cry. "N-no, (Y-y/n)..." I spoke between sobs. Nekomaru, Kazuichi, Gundham, Nagito, and Fuyuhiko burst into the tower. They all looked on in horror at the scene. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up. It was Kazuichi. "Miss Sonia, I'm so sorry." He knelt down beside me and began to quietly cry as well. I turned over and began to sob into his shoulder. I didn't want to believe that my (Y/n) was gone.

//Gundham's POV//

I hide my face behind my scarf, hopefully none of these mortals can see me shed tears. I feel great grief for what I have assisted in. If only there was a better way...