Chapter Seven

//(Y/n)'s POV//

The morning announcement woke me as usual. I was walking to the restaurant when I bumped into Gundham.
"Good morning, Gundham!" I waved as I approached, not getting to close. I know he likes his personal space.
"Salutations, (Y/n). I sensed your presence approaching me." He spoke, but he was obviously startled by me.
"On your way to breakfast, I presume?" I smiled.
"Of course! My four dark devas of destruction demand I obtain sustenance for them and myself each day the sun rises!" He laughed. He's very imaginative and creative. I go along with it because it makes him happy.
"Here, they can have these. Right?" I asked while pulling out a bag of sunflower seeds from the supermarket. The devas peeked their heads out of the scarf, visibly intrigued. I handed Gundham the bag.
"Your offering pleases them. The devas do not take liking to just any mortals. You must have some secret power I have not discovered!" His enthusiasm just kept growing.
"If I have any new power, I surely dont know of it." I laughed. "Maybe we can discover it together." I said while shrugging my shoulders.
"Perhaps we shall." He spoke in a normal volume for once. We kept chatting on our way to the restaurant.

When I arrived, I looked over to my friends. The table seemed incomplete without Ibuki. My heart dropped a bit, but then I noticed something. Sonia and Kazuichi, were talking. I lit up a bit. Maybe they finally became friends?
I made my way to my seat, Gundham not far behind me.
"Mornin' (Y/n)!" Kazuichi beamed.
"Good morning, (Y/n) and Gundham." Sonia smiled.
"So, are you two friends now?" I asked
Kazuichi gave a big toothy smile, so I assumed it was a yes.
"Thank you for sorting this out, (Y/n). You helped so much, I'm truly grateful." She grabbed my hands in hers and smiled at me. I need to tell her. Shes so kind and sweet. But I need to be brave. Who knows how much time I have.
"S-Sonia. Would you like to go to the beach again today, I would like to talk to you." I blushed a bit.
"Of course, your company is a wonderous blessing." She gently squeezed my hands, smiling at me.
"That's great. I'm looking forward to it." I squeezed her hands in return, then let go as to finish my breakfast.

〰️Time skip brought to you by Mondo Butter (I'm sorry 🤣) 〰️

I was sitting on the shore of the beach. My shoes off to my side, as I let the waves slowly wash up to my feet and slide back to the ocean. The sound of footsteps made me turn my head.
"Hello, princess." I gently spoke, so she would understand I mean 'princess' as a compliment. She removed her shoes and sat in the sand beside me.
"Hello, (Y/n)." She turned to me, a calm smile on her face.
"Sonia. I've been feeling different lately. A-and since I've been feeling this way, I've wanted the courage to tell you, that..."
"Tell me what?" She had an understanding expression on her face, but she was also a bit red.

"That, I love you. You're so sweet, and honest, and brave, and caring, and unique. You're so special Sonia. I can't keep denying my feelings for you." I was a bright shade of red, but I did not break eye contact with her. How could I? Her eyes are so beautiful.

"I-I, I love you too." She was very red, but she remained calm.
"I am so glad we feel the same w-" I was cut off before I could finish, by the feeling of her soft lips on mine. I was startled at first, but I fell into the kiss as well. I put her face in my hands and she slipped her arms behind my neck. I never wanted this to end. Eventually, we did have to pull away.
"When we escape this place, we shall return to Novoselic. And we will be betrothed. Is, that okay?" She smiled, a sparkle in her eye.
"I would love nothing more, well, except you of course." I giggled.
We sat there for a little while longer. Her hand on mine as I rested my head against her shoulder.
"You will need to learn 30 different languages, I forgot to mention." She giggled
"Oh boy, that will be fun. But anything for you, my princess." I laughed.

〰️Time skip brought to you by Chiaki's gamer hair pin〰️

We spoke for a little while longer, about Novoselic, about life, and about our future. I'm so glad she feels the same way. I would give my life for this girl. I love her so much.

We eventually got up and went to the fourth island. It was an amusement park. We explored the island for clues. Monokuma had told us some of our school information had been hidden there. We went on this huge rollercoaster, it was quite the ride. Sonia sat in the front with Hajime, I was farther in the back. Screaming like a little girl.

The trip was quite fun, until we were on our way to the funhouse

The trip was quite fun, until we were on our way to the funhouse. This time, I was seated next to Sonia. But a gas filled the area, and we all passed out.

When we woke up, we were inside the funhouse,  with no way out. Other than to kill somebody. We also had no food. Great. Just great. So either we all starve to death, or another killing occurs. I can't let that happen. I finally confessed to Sonia, I can't let her die. She must survive, no matter what.

We all got separated into different houses. Grape house and strawberry house. I had a standard room in grape house. Since it was the last room open. There was something in strawberry house called the "Final Dead Room." After looking for a way out and exploring with Sonia all day, I decided to go back to my room.
"Goodnight my hero." Sonia kissed me and returned to her room. I love that girl.  I sighed. I can't tell her what I'm about to do...

I was making my way towards the final dead room, when I was about there I bumped into Gundham.
"Oh, hi Gundham. What are you doing out here so late?" I questioned, me being suspicious myself.
"I should be asking you the same question." He pointed out.
"Well, dont tell anyone okay, since were friends. But, I'm going into the final dead room, it must have a clue to our escape." I admitted.
"I, am about to do the same thing. Perhaps fate wanted us to meet here." He suggested.

We both entered the final dead room and completed the puzzle when a revolver appeared before us.
"Oh, Russian Roulette..." I mumbled as I inspected the gun.
"A game of sheer luck, the hope driven one would pass this for sure." He scoffed.
"Hold on, the bullets." I take one bullet out of the chamber, "they aren't for this gun, so even if we shoot with a loaded round we won't die!" A wave of relief drew over us both as I said it. I put the bullet back in and held the barrel to my head. I pulled the trigger and heard a click. I was alive,  Gundham did the same and survived. We were granted access to the octagon. It was loaded with weapons and dangerous items. There was also one trap door and a window. Gundham looked outside, "the funhouse is just one large building!" He shouted. I looked outside, he was right. So this is the secret of the funhouse. I opened the trap door and looked down into the Monokuma archive. "This must be my way back." I whispered. "Tomorrow we should make a plan to get everyone out of here. I dont want my friends to starve." I told him.
Gundham simply nodded, as I jumped down into the Archive. I silently returned to my room and went to bed, trying to think of a way to save Sonia and everyone else. I do have an idea, Gundham knows the secret, so I guess hell be the one to help me. I dont want to necessarily do it, but I need to save everyone. I need her to live...

The next chapter is where the normal storyline begins to change, I'll be sure to fit in many more Sonia moments before I change things. Hope you're enjoying so far. <3