Chapter 3 : Nariyal Paani

Gauri was fanning herself in the hot evening as there was no electricity in the building since last two hours

'How I wish to have fun just like them!' She sighed looking down from her balcony towards all men in the backyard of the building.

There was a bore-well there, where they were having fun, bathing and playing with cool water to relax from the scorching heat.

"Chulbul, come down. It's fun yaar!" Om shouted for her again, but she chose not to answer pretending to be sleeping.

"If he wants to rest then leave him alone Om!" Shivaay suggested but Om was getting worried for his friend.

'Is he feeling bad after Ajay and his friends made a fun of his height and body?' Om thought, the reason of his shyness. 'I should talk to him!'

Gauri was drenched in sweet lying in a cotton kurta with the salwar raised till her knees.

"Chulbul, open the window!"

Gauri tried to ignore Om, not in a mood to get disguised in such hot weather.

'Seems he is really sleeping!' Om thought but being concerned, he decided to check on his friend so he opened the window.

Gauri had put a wet dupatta on her head and upper body, unaware of Omkara, sneaking in her room.

Tiptoeing towards the sleeping figure, Om tried to look clearly as it was almost dark in the room.

Feeling a presence, Gauri removed the wet scarf from her eyes getting startled to find him near her, "Omkara!"

"Hey relax Chulbul. I just wanted to check if your are alright!" Om had put hand on her shoulder, covered by the clothes.

"I am alright!" Gauri hadn't expected him to enter the room but he was here sitting near her legs, in his shorts...only in his shorts.

"Hey you have such smooth legs!" Om had accidentally touched her calves, sending shivers into her body as she scrunched her body close.

Getting no answer from Chulbul, he continued, "I know buddy, you are upset with what happened that day in the party!"

"Upset and me!" Gauri was too stressed due to presence of Omkara so her voice sounded meek.

"There is no need to feel bad for your height or body, Chulbul!"

Gauri had finally bound her hair up in the dupatta and hid her front with a pillow as Om continued.

"See, size doesn't matter. You might be short; don't have muscles like most of men; aren't very attractive; but you are good at heart."

Gauri nodded, not understanding what he wanted to convey. "I don't care about my body Omkara. I know it's not important."