Chapter 7 : Springrolls

"Don't tell me Om, you have started liking women!!"

Om lost his concentration third time that day, going restless thinking what Rudra had told him.

Throwing away the clay, he sighed with frustration. 'No, this can't be true. How can I like women?' He thought.

He remembered how he used to run away seeing women when he was in Mumbai.

'Baba used to remind me daily, how women are a source of sins, but here in Delhi I forgot everything!' He lamented now.

'But I don't interact with any women except Gauri, isn't it?' Once or twice he had also talked to Svetlana but it was she who was insisting. 'I willingly talk only to Gauri!'

That's because he didn't feel uncomfortable around her. She seems harmless and is already in relationship with his best friend.

'Does it mean I started liking women and my brahmacharya is in danger?' He was confused whether he should stop meeting her.

'But Gauri is Chulbul's girlfriend, how can I ignore her?' His mind was too fast to question. 'I'll just say a hello from distance, that's it!' He had made his mind now.

'Should I ask Pandu Baba, if saying a hello would break my vow?' He pondered, 'But what if he got angry and condemned my brahmcharya in rage?'

No, he would never tell Baba about it.

._._._.

Gauri squirmed in a Chinese restaurant, the appealing aroma watering her mouth. Only if she wouldn't be sitting before this catfish, and facing a life-threatening problem, she would have really ordered something.

"So you are a girl!"

Gauri straightened her wig unintentionally as she heard the person on the opposite seat.

"But living, disguised as a man! Why?"

Moving her specs, Gauri cleared her throat, as she had to answer inevitably, "Svetlana, I was compelled!" She tried to brief her, "You must already know how Delhi has become a crime capital for women..."

"Hey just a minute. We don't have to write an essay for CSE Mains!" Svetlana was uninterested, "Infact just leave it." She didn't have to do anything why Chulbul or whatever her name, hid it!

Gauri made a face sending a glare towards the skies for the worst day of her life. 'Is there anything left God, which you forgot to add on my special day!!'

"Does Omkara know?" Svetlana asked as Gauri became stiff, "Does he know that you are a Bulbul in the form of Chulbul!"

"None of your business...!" You bitch...she wanted to add but remained silent as Svetlana had an evil expression on her face.