Chapter 5 : Choco-Truffle

"Chulbul!!"

"Chulbul!!"

Gauri stopped in tracks, her forehead adorned with a frown.

Since that encounter with Omkara in her Gauri avatar, she had been too shy to meet him.

Getting up early and going back late, was what she had been doing since last four days, to evade her neighbor, with no physical exercise owing to her sprain.

But to face him was inevitable now as she heard him just behind her.

"Chulbul, why didn't you stop!" He was breathing heavily after running all the way, "I have been calling you yaar!" He had an accusatory tone.

"Oh!" Gauri smiled sheepishly, "I was in hurry to catch the train. Didn't hear you!" They were on the metro station, waiting for the train on the blue line.

Om nodded, believing her, with a smile.

"It had been long since we talked. How is your neck pain?" He asked.

"All ok! Your massage was very helpful!" She answered honestly.

He was very happy to hear that, "Tell me if you need another one!" He replied with a grin.

Gauri shook her head on her silly friend as they saw the train arriving.

There was a huge rush owing to wee hours as people got impatient to get inside.

Gauri looked at almost empty only-women coach with a longingness when Om nudged her.

"We can't sit in women coach, Chulbul. They will fine us!"

"I know!" She muttered as the doors got open and the travellers started pushing each other to go inside.

"Careful buddy!" Om covered Gauri engulfing her in his embrace, entering safely in the coach.

Gauri looked at him, through her lashes as he smiled at her, his one hand around her shoulder and another one clutching the pole.

"Thanks!" She mumbled, clutching the hanger, creating distance between them as the train started with a jerk.

"Wow, you smell so nice even after a hectic day!" Om said casually, "Here I am stinking badly!" He said with a tired face "What deo brand do you use?"

"Very funny Om!" Gauri brushed the question with a fake laugh.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I had met Gauri when she had come last week!" The train had stopped on the next station and the passengers were going in and out.

"Yeah she told me!" Gauri tried to be impassive.

"I saved her from Kaali you know!" Om was all excited, "You shouldn't have left her alone!"