Chapter 5

Priscah's POV
    I and Pam boarded a cab and back to our hotel. It was a quiet ride.
Unknown to us, we where being followed. When we got back to the hotel, Pam broke the silence " I think he likes you" she says.
  I scoff and roll my eyes. "You are too naive Pam" I tell her. "All he wants to do is have sex at best, I mean what would a rich guy like him want to do with me? He's probably married." I tell her
     "Well we could just look him up and see what we can find about him" Pam suggests.
"First of all, why would I want to look him up. I don't care at all for that man, I mean he could be married for all I care or whatever, but that's none of my business. I don't care who he is or what he does", I pant.
      Pam just winks at me. "Okay fine, lets check it out, but only because you made me curious."
"Right" she answers sarcastically.
      I throw her my best glare. "Anyway, I just know his name, he is Alessandro. How do we search for him, there must the over a thousand Alessandro's here, sounds like a common name" I offer. 
      She just smiles at me and grabs her phone. "His full names are Alessandro Portelli. His hot friend told me" says Pam.
         We google the name and we are not prepared for what we saw. We both sat there in shock for for some minutes before I finally broke the silence. First of all, he wasn't just some rich guy, he was a freaking billionaire. He basically owned almost half of Italy.
         But that wasn't what made us speechless. So what if he was a billionaire, there were countless of articles of him being associated with the mafia. Mafiaaaaaaaaa.
     I turn to Pam shocked. "Tell me I haven't been disrespecting someone that has ties to the mafia" I gasped.
      She just stared at me loss for words. I had watched enough mafia/crime series to have an idea about what happened to people who crossed this cartel/mafia folks.
       Omg! My whole life just went from zero to one hundred. I look back at the screen and continue reading.
      There were unconfirmed rumors that the thirty eight year old billionaire was allegedly the leader of the infamous saca conto. I am finished!
       I could only thank my stars I was living in five days. I just had to be careful, because I was sure I had pissed him off. God, I and my temper.
           Pam gives me a look then says, "all he wanted to do was have dinner, you know." "Right, like I knew who he was. If he had just apologized, then I wouldn't have been pissed off." I hissed at her. "Besides it's too late for all that now. We are leaving in a few days, and all this would be behind us soon,"I added. "I hope so," she murmured.
          Later that evening, I got a call from the owner of the cafe, begging me to feel in for him for a few days before I left. Says the other part timer that was filling my shift suddenly quit and I was the only one he could call to come in for now, until he got someone else.
        I don't know about this, I had planned to remain indoors for the rest of the week until the day we where living. What with the whole pissing off a possible mafia boss, and the cafe was also where I first ran into him.
       "Priscah, are you there?" He called out, bringing me out of my reverie.
     "Off course." I answered against my better judgement.
   "Great, please come in tomorrow morning." "I would be there," I promised him.

*                                   *                                 *

    The tail had been sitting for hours watching the building closely. They hadn't left their apartment since they got back. It was going to be a long night. He settled in conveniently where he could get a view of who came and who left the building.

Alessandro's  POV
   After she left me standing there, all I could do was stare at her retreating form. Why was she so angry at me, I kept wondering.
       Lorenzo crossed the street and approached me. He had that look in his eyes. "Now are you ready to tel me everything?" He grins.  "There's honestly nothing to tell. You see yourself how she reacts to me," I say frankly.
        "Well when has that ever stopped you," he jokes.
But seeing my expression, he gets serious. "You really like her huh" he casually says. I sigh, not replying.
        A moment later, I muttered " I don't even know her name. She won't even talk to me. As a matter of fact, she doesn't want to breathe the same as me. Imagine if she knows what I am. It was always a loosing battle."
      "Well, the name part, I can help you with,"he says. "Her name is Priscah."
      I stare at him then say, "I was wondering what you where talking about with her friend." "Well I might even know more than her name" He teased.
       I tried to mask my excitement and anticipation with nonchalance.
     He just laughs mockingly. The bastard knew me too well. Just then his phone rings. "Fuck!" I cursed.
      He laughs and picks it up. He's expression changes. He ends the call and asks the driver to drop him at the next intersection. I nod quietly. He was going to tell me whenever he was ready.
      I spend the remaining of the ride brooding. That night sleep departed me as I kept thinking of her.

      The next day, I am at the office going through files, when Lorenzo casually strolls in and drops a file on my desk.
     I pick it up and skim through, it had everything I needed to know, well, not entirely everything I needed to know about my "cara mia."
    I look up to him and smile. "Thank you Enzo."
         "Anything for you bro" he replies. "One more thing, please I beg you, if I'm going to do this, her friend is off limit." I give him a knowing look. "She already thinks of me as a man whore, which for the life of me, I don't get why. I don't want you breaking her friends heart."
       He looks at me and shakes his head, "Man, you are such a cock blocker, but I get it. She really has you already wrapped around her fingers and she doesn't even know it. Yet"
      I glare at him. "Well I wasn't planning on doing anything there, she's just too young" he says giving me a pointed look, then leaves my office.
         I look at his retreating back confused, then I pick up the file and read. She just turned twenty two. Wow, she was really young. What was she doing traveling alone by herself "around the world." She was too innocent to be out here among this vultures waiting to devour angels like her.
      But that wasn't a problem now that she had me. Then I read that she was leaving in five days. I felt my heart drop. Never my angel, Never! You are never leaving me.
      If this was going to work, I needed to act fast. Thank God I already started phase one of my plan last night. Yes, that's right, I was the one that made the cafe owner call her last night. With ten thousand dollars deposited in her bank account, the current part timer was more than happy to quit.
     Another deposition of a hundred thousand dollars into the cafe owner's account and he was ready to help me anyhow I wanted.
     I didn't necessarily need to use the money as an incentive to get what I wanted, but for my cara, i wanted everything to go smoothly. That money was peanuts compared to what I was willing to offer to be with her.

Hello guys. I know I said I was going to update everyday but things just keep getting in the way. My phone got bad. I know this chapter is really long and boring but I promise things get real in the next chapter.
Thank you to every one that's still sticking with me. I promise to update more often now.