Chapter 27

The date was simply the best. From the helicopter ride to the dinner. The food was fabulous. I couldn't even eat much because Alessandro kept stealing glances at me.
      “You know, you should take a picture, they sag it lasts longer” I said. In reply he smiled, took his phone out and took several pictures of me. I busted out laughing and he joined me.
     “God! Alek, you are something else” I said amidst laughter. “It's just, I can't believe that you are here with me, like this” he said taking my hand in his.
    “It's just dinner Alek. I must have been crazy to have kept passing up the chance to have such good food and this wine” I said before taking a sip. I glanced at him. His expression was unreadable.
       “Oh my God! That was supposed to be funny” I said laughing.
         “You are so beautiful,a literal goddess” he said in reply. He leaned in and wiped something of the corner of my mouth without breaking eye contact.
      The flash and click of a camera brought us out of our trance. We looked in the direction the sound came from and saw the guy hurrying out of the restaurant.
       “The press are here. I'm sorry princess but we need to leave now. I'm sure there are more lurking or on their way here. Someone must have tipped them off. I should have booked the entire place” he said pissed.
       “It's okay. It was nice dining out like two normal people. Besides I'm filled up” I replied touching his arm lightly.
      Just then his bodyguard Alberto, rushed in and informed him reporters had blocked the main exit and the back. Which means we couldn't get to either the car the bodyguard had brought or the chopper.
       Just then the management came and showed us another exit that only the staffs knew about. We had barely managed to exit the restaurant before the practically broke in.
      As we hurried along,a staff from the restaurant called out to us. When she got to us, she handed me a pair of flat shoes. “You might need this” she said smiling. I thanked her profusely and offered my heels in return but she declined.
     Then she leaned in and whispered, “I am rooting for you girl.” Then she hurried back. I blushed and turned to Alek. He had a big smile on his face. I quickly changed into the shoes.
     Just then, we sighted some paparazzi heading our way. “Damn, this people are relentless” I muttered under my breathe. Alessandro took my hand in his and we took off.
      We spent the evening playing a game of hide and seek with the paps. We finally made a turn and saw we had managed to loose them at last.
      We collapsed on the floor and busted out laughing. “I can say that this is the best date I ever had. Today was memorable,a day I would never forget” I say looking him in the eyes.
     “And here I was thinking of how to make it up to you” he replied. “Make it up to me?” I asked surprised. “I don't know what you mean but this day couldn't get any better” I added, shivering lightly.
     “You are cold” he said matter-of-factly. “No, I am fine” I answered. “No, you are not” he replied, before pulling me close to him. He then engulfed me in an embrace.
    My heartbeat went through the roof. I am sure he could hear the thumping. I willed myself to be calm. Then I rested my head on his shoulder. He took my palm and rubbed with his.
     We stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity. No one spoke up. We were both lost in our own thoughts. Just then an suv pulled up and his bodyguard got down.
    “Wow, they are quick” I said in a small voice. I heard the annoyance in my voice and winced. He must have heard it too because he then said, “I could tell them to drive around the block and make sure they weren't followed.” I saw the hint of smile in his eyes, even though they were gone a second later.
      I rolled my eyes at him and hurried into the car. As we drove to the house,the bodyguard in Italian to Alessandro.
     “Looks like we are trending online” he said to me. “Huh?” I asked before taking out my phone to check. I opened pinstagram. I had like thousands of notifications and tags. I clicked on an article and read.
        Billionaire's girlfriend confirmed?
A few days ago, the world's richest man attended the famous event with a mysterious woman.
      Investigation later showed they had been living together prior and she was even best friends with the billionaire's younger brother.
     Even though it was never confirmed officially, we received a tip off today that the pair was dining privately at the famed LA Vega restaurant.
       Our rep was able to capture a picture of the two lovebirds. While they looked absolutely gorgeous and so in love, we noticed something more captivating.
       The beautiful Priscah was spotted rocking a 45 carat diamond necklace estimated to be worth over three hundred and fifty million dollars. Yes, you read that right. She was also spotted wearing a patek Phillipe watch with cost over thirty million dollars. It's said that the mogul's brother bought the watch at an auction earlier this week.
      Few hours ago, he also posted a video of the pair being all loved upto his page. In the video which looked like it was taken at their home, we can see the billionaire helping her put the necklace on.
     What's making fans go wild is the fact that Mr Portelli has never been linked to anyone romantically except Miss Isabella Moretti, who we all know is the fave of his empire. While the two maintained that the relationship was strictly professional there was lots of speculations that the two were involved.
Click the link in bio to view the video and other exciting news about the pair.

*                 *                    *                   *                 *

     Wow, I looked at Alessandro, we was engrossed with his phone. I quickly went to Massimo's page and watched the video. He captioned it, “Ladies, if your man isn't gifting you almost half a billion dollar jewelry, leave him sis. Just kidding,haha.”
       The video had already been viewed over eight million times and over a hundred thousand comments. I saw Pam commented heart eyes emojis.
       “I would kill you both” I sent to the groupchat. Just then Alessandro took my hand in his and squeezed reassuringly.
       “I could get them to delete the articles” he said. “It's literally everywhere. There's no point” I replied. “You are not mad” I noted. “How come?” I added.
       He just laughed. “I guess I am kind of used to their shenanigans” he replied.
      “I don't think I could ever get used to the constant invasion of privacy,the hounding and the blinding lights” I said.
      “You will always have me. When the flashing lights gets too much for you to handle, all you have to do is turn your side and I would be right there to shield you away from them.
    Alberto cleared his throat, “Sir, we are here” he said. I rolled my eyes inwardly. What was with this guy and interrupting our moments.
     “We are going to give them a piece of our minds, okay? They can't get away with this” I said as soon as we got down from the car.
      “Yes ma'am!” he answered. “I am serious” I tell him. “I know you are” he says laughing. Before I could say another thing, he takes my hand my hand and guides me into the house.
     There they were, lounging. Eating popcorn and watching a movie. Immediately they heard us come in, they tried taking to their heels but it was too late.
      “Why would you both do that?” I yelled at them. “Do you know what we had to go through because of your little video? We could have lost our lives” I added.
       “Tell them Alek” I say turning to him. He's looking at me amused, desperately trying to hold his laughter in. I glare at him.
      “Yes, Massimo that wasn't cool. You should have sent the video to me first before posting. How do you think I felt knowing strangers saw it before I did?” he said trying to sound mad.
    “What?” the three of us chorused. “What I meant is my princess is right, you should not have posted that video” he quickly added.
     As I was about to say something else, he quickly led me to my room. “Go freshen up and rest princess, we had a long day. I glared at him once more before entering my room and slamming the door shut.

Authors note:- 
I'm sorry I haven't been really active these past weeks. I have had a lot on my plate. For those still sticking with me and my book, thank you so much. I promise I'll update more frequently. We have a couple of chapters left. I know this chapters have been all mushy but the action is coming soon.