Chapter 26

Picture above is Pam, priscah's friend.

    I woke up that morning to Alessandro’s arm wrapped around me. I turned to see him sleeping peacefully. I trail my fingers around his face. God, this man was fine. I could get used to this.
       “Good morning princess” he says and I am jolted back to reality. “I thought it was a dream seeing you here. I want this dream to last forever” he adds.
        Whew! I got up and went to open the curtains. “So ready to tell me what happened now or it's something I shouldn't know?” I asked him.
     “It's nothing really, just some issues at work” he said getting up.
      “So it's something I shouldn't know, got it” I said. “No princess, it's not so” he says tKing my hand. “I would tell you when the time is right” he added. “How has my princess been faring? He asked referring to the whole press drama.
        “Nothing I couldn't handle” I answer brushing it off. “Really?” he says smiling.
        “Okay, I wasn't expecting them. I was caught off guard. And it's not like I have been hiding in in here all week, I just needed the rest” I said.
        “I am sorry, I should have been there with you” he says, taking my hands in his.
        “It's okay, you had things to take care off” I reply. “Have dinner with me with me today” he says.
       “We always do that whenever you grace us with your presence” I say laughing.
       “No, I meant dinner with just the two of us at a restaurant or anywhere else. I don't mind as long as I am with you” he replied.
        This guy had a way with words. “Sure, why not” I shrugged. “I am famished” I added. “Let's go, I would make you breakfast” he said.
        As we exited the room, we came across Massimo. “Oh, I was wondering where you were” he said, referring to me. “Brother, you are back. I see you had your little reunion already. Questo qui stava per impazzire mentre tu non c'eri” he said, glancing at me.
       Alessandro smiled. “What are you guys gossiping about? Massimo, English please.” I glared at them. Alessandro took my hands and guided me down the stairs and towards the kitchen.
        “I know you guys were talking about me. Tell me what he said” I protested. He just grinned at me. He takes me and plopp me in a chair, then takes an apple and stuffs my mouth to quell any further protest.
      Massimo walks in and also takes a sit at the table. Alessandro starts making breakfast. Massimo leans in and whispers, “so did you guys do it?” “Do what?” I asked baffled. “Come on, you spent the night together. I was wondering if both of you finally got all that sexual tension out of the system” he said laughing. “I wish” I replied. “we just slept” I added.
          “So you are saying you were in bed with that, (he points to Alessandro’s body) and you just slept? So what did you guys do all night? Cuddle?” he asked dramatically. I rolled my eyes in reply.
         “Alessandro, devi aver davvero perso la testa” Massimo said. In reply, Alessandro smiles and continues cooking. “English please” I tell them.
       Soon after Pam saunters in. “Oh my God” she exclaims when she notices Alessandro, then turns and winks at me. I blush lightly. We gather around and have breakfast.
         After the meal, while clearing the table, Alessandro whispers in my ear “I'll pick you by five later today” his lips slightly brush against my ear. I felt a shiver crawl up my spine. When I look up, he was gone.
       At half past four, I got a call from Alessandro saying he was down in the living room waiting for me. I was in my room getting ready with the help of my three musketeers.
       I was wearing a short black dress and black gold rimmed strappy heels to match. My hair was styled up. Massimo did my makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror and my breath caught.
        He had done such a wonderful job with the makeup. It looked so subtle even though it took almost two hours. I didn't even know he had that talent. Imagine having a best friend that was a badass with makeup. It was a blessing.
     “Go and take that man's breath away girl” Massimo said admiring his handwork. Seeing him like this sometimes made it hard to imagine he was actually Alessandro’s brother.
     “Yes girl, go get your man. Don't keep him waiting any longer” Pam added. I picked up my tiny jacquemus bag and turned to go.
       “One more thing” Massimo called out before proceeding to pull out a small box and hand it over to me. I smiled at him and collected it.
     I opened the package and almost screamed. “Oh my God Massimo! Are you out of your mind? This is a petek Phalippe wristwatch. This watches are so expensive” I and Pam chorused.
     “Not just expensive but the most expensive watch in the world” he said casually.
   “How much does it cost?” we asked simultaneously. “About thirty one million dollars” he replied. I collapsed, “Please do not mess up your makeup. It's no big deal, I won it at an auction in Geneva last week trying to impress this dude i met. I figured I would give it to you. My first ever gift to you. And seriously it's nothing compared to what you have done for this family. You have no idea the happiness that you have brought my brother” he said.
        I felt the tears overflow. “I told you not to mess up your makeup” he said in as he took the watch and helped me put it on. Then went about fixing my makeup.
     Pam cleared her throat. “I could swear both of you completely forgot about me right now” she said pouting. “Oh no darling, I would buy you that mansion you keep going on about” he said kissing both her cheeks. “So far I get to live there with you forever” she replied, winking at him. I couldn't get over the fact that I was wearing thirty one million dollars on my wrist.
       I stepped out of the room flanked by my beastie. As I descended the stairs, Alessandro’s eyes took me in. I saw his body stiffen. His bodyguard's mouth dropped open and Laberto never reacted to anything.
        Alessandro took phone out and took a picture of us descending the stairs. When I got close, he helped me down the last step. “How do I look?” I asked him. “Stunning, like I just saw an angel in human form. You are beautiful Cara Mia” he replied. I blushed.
       “Just a minute” he said before proceeding to produce a shiny box. He opened the box and the lights caught the shiny diamond necklace that was flanked by a pair of diamond earrings.
      “No Alek, I can't take it. This is too much” I said taking a step back. “I would give you the world if it means I get to see you smile” he replied taking my hand in his.
       I take another look at the necklace. It was magnificent. It was a fancy dark grayish-blue forty-five carat diamond necklace. I was really no expert on diamonds but I had coincidentally seen an article about this diamond necklace, I remember what stood out at the time was the fact it cost over three hundred and fifty million dollars. I stumbled back but Alessandro caught and steadied me.
        Smiling, he took the necklace and put it on me. I swallowed. The lump in my throat wasnt just because of the necklace worth a fortune, but the man standing so close to me. His hand trailed down my bare shoulder.
        I swallowed harder. Our bodies were touching now. “It's so pretty” I said, referring to the necklace.
       “Yes, she's a beauty” he replied, his eyes never leaving mine. Our faces were so close, I could feel his breath on mine. His eyes went to my lips.
        I closed my eyes and angled my head as he leaned in. Just then someone cleared their throat, jolting us back to reality.
      “Can you both go on this date already? Or if you would rather eat yourselves, then head back upstairs and spare our eyes. Seriously the last thing I want to see is my brother and one of my best friends hungrily tear each other apart” Massimo said crossing his arms. I glared at him. If looks could kill, the looks Alek and I sent his way would have had him dead in seconds.
        “Saresti morto se non fossi mio fratello” Alessandro said to Massimo. He rolled his eyes in reply.
     “Let's go princess” Alessandro said guiding me towards the elevator. “The car?” i asked pointing towards the e trace we were walking away from.
      “And risk my princess having to sit in traffic? Never” he replied.
The elevator opened up to the helipad where his chopper was waiting. We boarded and took off.
    *                            *                                 *
       “Did you get it?” Massimo asked Pam. “Sure babe” Pam replied before they high-fived themselves. Pam took out her phone and they both proceeded to watch the video of Alessandro and Priscah being lost in themselves. They also watched when Alessandro gave her the necklace.
        “I can't wait to post this on pinstagram. Their fans deserve this update” Pam said and they both giggled mischievously. “That hyena would literally die when she finds out about this” Massimo added.

Authors note:-

   Alessandro is top two on the list of the richest men in the world and he isn't number two. In fact according to "porbes"  Alessandro is on track to being the world's first trillion are in the next five years.