Chapter 28

I woke up later that night and couldn't fall back asleep. I decided to take a walk. I grabbed a drink from the fridge and headed out to the terrace.
     I met someone else already there, Alessandro. I tiptoes towards him in the hopes of scaring him. As I got to him and was about to make my presence known, he reached out and dragged me unto his laps.
    “Who do we have here? What are you doing creeping around by this time of the night?” he smirked.
    “I couldn't sleep” I replied, getting up and sitting on the bench besides him. “And you?” I asked. “Couldn't sleep either” he answered. “What's keeping you up?” I asked him. “You” he replied. My heart started pumping really fast. I looked away quickly wouldn't see the blush slowly creeping on my face.
     We remained like that for a while before I broke the silence. “What about me is keeping you up?”
      In response, he lifted my head so I was facing his. When we made eye contact,he said “this” before leaning down and pressing a kiss on my lips. I looked at him stunned. 
     The kiss was so soft. It was quick yet I could feel the want they conveyed. “I have been wanting to do that since the first day I saw you” he said.
     He leaned in again. Slowly this time around, giving me enough time to either say no or pull back. I closed my eyes instead.
     The kiss started out slow and tender this time around. Then it gradually sped up. We kissed with longing and desire, soon it progressed to fiery passion, raw emotions, almost aggressive.
       We couldn't get enough of each other. Alessandro nimbled on my neck sending shivers resonating to my core. By now I was on Alessandro’s laps grinding. The only sound that filled the night was the occasional cricket chirping and our moans.
       That was until we heard the voice. “Who's out there?” we heard Massimo call out. We paused, hoping he would go away. But then this was Massimo we were talking about.
     As expected, he pulled out a knife and approached the terrace. At the sound of his approaching footsteps, I jumped off Alek's legs and ducked behind a row of potted plants. A second later, Alessandro joined me. I held my breath.
     He entered the terrace a moment later and scanned the empty area. “Fucking rats” he cursed before turning to go but stopped abruptly. He stared at the floor hard. His expression was impossible to read in the dark. A moment later, he was gone.
     We waited a while before tiptoeing out of our hideout. Thinking about the whole thing made me burst out laughing. Alessandro joined in. After a while I spoke up, “I should head back to bed.” I silently prayed he suggested otherwise. “Yes you should. I would walk you to your room” he said instead.
      We walked quietly to my room. “This is me” I said, once we were there. He cupped my cheeks then rested his forehead on mine.
“Sleep well princess” he said.
      I entered my room and shut the door. Leaning against the door, I tried to calm myself. A million thoughts were running wild in my head. Chief paramount among them was the fact that I didn't want my night with Alessandro to end just yet. Damn you Massimo.
      I had to take matters into my own hands. Whether it was the andrelanine rush from today's events or something else, I was definitely high on something. Because what I was about to do, there was no way I could have done that in my right mind.
       I hurried into my closet looking for a pair of lingerie Massimo had forced me to buy on one of our shopping sprees. I wasn't planning on using it, well, until now.
     Smiling, I hurriedly put it on. I applied some blush and lipstick then gave my hair that messy look. My eye strayed to a pair of Louboutin lying on the floor of the closet. I decided against it.
      I went to the full length mirror to admire my handwork. Satisfied with the outcome, I grabbed a kimono and draped it over my shoulders. I set off for Alessandro’s room.
     My nerves had tripled, as I got to his room. After knocking for a bit and getting no response, I gave up and turned to go. It was all a stupid idea. Who was I kidding, I couldn't possibly pull these whole thing off.
     This was for the best. He was probably asleep. I definitely didn't think this through, I thought to myself.
      Then the door suddenly swung open to reveal a very sexy Alessandro clad in just towel around his groin. His damp body glistened in the light. He was drying his hair.
        Taking in the sight rendered me speechless. Then he broke the silence, “I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. I was in the shower.”
       When I I didn't reply because I was too engrossed in the chiseled perfection before me, he cleared his throat bringing me out of my reverie.
       Giving me a knowing smile, he asked “Did you want something?”
      “Uhmm, no, I mean yes, not really, I just.. It doesn't matter anymore” I croaked embarrassingly.
       “Why, something obviously brought you here. Please come in and tell me how I can help” he said opening the door ajar then stepping aside to let me in.
       I reluctantly went in and sat on a sofa while he went into his closet to get dressed.
      As I sat, I wondered what to do next or how to proceed. I had to make the first move. I clearly came here with that in mind.
      He came out "all dressed up." He had on a Grey jogger that didn't do well in concealing his buldge and nothing else.
      He leaned against the wall and said “so tell me. Tell me what is bothering you.”
      In reply, I got up and walked up to him. I slid my robe of my shoulders so the strap and a little bit of lingerie was visible.
      He looked at me with an amused smile. I knew it. I probably looked ridiculous right now. I silently prayed the ground open up and swallow me.
       “Are you trying to seduce me princess?” he asked closing the gap between us. Our faces where just inches apart.
    I loosened the robe and let it fall freely to my feet. “Is it working?” I asked. He took a step back and drank me in.
   “Hell yeah” he replied hoarsely before claiming my lips.