Chapter 16: Robs vs Kook

Jungkook's P.O.V

I feared meeting Robert again after our fight could be a little awkward, yet couldn't wait to find out everything between us had remained the same. I rushed to our usual meeting spot near the school gates, waited, waited, and waited. Robert wasn't there.

Eventually, I had to go to class. Robert already sat on his seat, appearing to have entered through the gate on the school's opposite side, which would double his walking distance. I asked him why he did. He didn't answer. The teacher had arrived, and I assumed she was the reason.

During that hour and a half, the two of us did not exchange a word.

I was trying to get his attention, even dared to grab his hand, but Robert snapped it away, ready to flee the classroom the second Mrs. Smith dismissed us.

He left without waiting, and I followed, sitting down our tree. He stayed next to me, listening to music. "How are you?" I asked. There was no reply. I took an earphone out of one of his ears and shouted into it, "how are you?!"

"Fine." He put it back in.

"Are you mad at me?" I said. Robert took off his glasses and began rubbing his shirt against the lenses. "I-is it because of Taehyung?" He continued without responding to the question. "Seriously?" He stayed quiet. "SERIOUSLY?! Are you willing to let our friendship go because of that whore?!"

"No," he uttered, stood up, and grabbed his bag. "You're the one who let him take away all your morals."

Confused, Taehyung watched Robert as he passed the other by, moving closer to me, indecisive.

"Jungkook?"

I closed my eyes, leaned onto the stem, and sighed. "Yes?"

"I wanted to thank you for letting me go home yesterday... Is everything okay?" Taehyung asked.

"Perfect," I said. "You don't have to thank me for that." I gave another glance to Robert's spine. It continued drifting further and further from us. "You're going to make it up to me today, right?"

He was about to answer, but I cut him off.

"Because you'd better."

Taehyung's P.O.V

I was in a good mood; work was bearable the day prior, I got plenty of tips with which I'd bought Doh a snack, then came home before Mom. Best, due to Jungkook's message, I was also able to fulfill my promise and spend some time with my brother.

He, on the other hand, was a bit more gloomy.

Robert seemed to be incredibly hostile towards Jungkook, and each time they interacted at school, he only threw glares at his friend. As painful as it was for me to watch the beautiful bond tearing apart, one of the two had taken it much harder.

I had to cheer him up.

Smelling of soap and aftershave, with drops of water tickling my nose, and a wet towel wrapped around my waist, I'd spent a long while searching for my most gorgeous outfit. I was in the right mindset to, in Jungkook's own words, 'make it up to him.'

"Big brother is going on a date!" I heard Dohyun when making my way towards the front door.

"I wish." He ran to give me a goodbye hug. I ruffled his hair. "Take care of Dad before Mother arrives."

At times, I could forget the real nature of the little brat. If Dohyun had his eyes on the situation... I wasn't confident I knew what could happen, but he'd figure out everything for sure.