Chapter 19: Dohyun

Jungkook's P.O.V

My parents had just returned. At the dining table, Mom and Dad sat side to side as always, leaving me the opposing seat, serving meals they'd made together. Dinner was to be had face to face with the couple.

"How was living on your own? Did we leave enough money?" my mother asked the first two questions.

"Anything new with your love life?" Dad smirked, adding another.

"Unfortunately, the money wasn't enough. That's the answer to both of you, by the way."

They glanced at each other, and Mom let out a loud sigh of relief.

"I told you the answer would be no, and it should be," she told her husband. "Honey, the last thing we need is for him to become sexually active while we're away. I suggest we make sure he finds a worthy boyfriend to be with instead of sleeping around with people who don't care. Though it's Jungkookie, you know today's youth."

"Slut-shaming..." I mumbled. "Also, I'm eighteen."

"To be honest, I agree with her. Hard to believe, sometimes I have an even higher standard for these choices in your life," he said. "We're sex-positive, but old fashioned compared to the hippy parents you'd see on the NEWS. Your father will have to approve of your partner, son. Deal with it."

On Monday morning, when nobody else was yet there, Robert and I found peace in our empty classroom, put our bags down near the table, and started catching up. After a couple of days without talking, our chat sounded like we hadn't spoken in years.

"Hey, Kim!" Once Taehyung showed up, Robert called out his name, dragged him to our table, and, putting an arm around his shoulder, announced, "he's my buddy now!" Though his tone sounded adorably cheerful, behind his glasses was a warning glare.

Taehyung giggled. "Am I? How cute."

I pushed Robert away and began adjusting Taehyung's jacket, aware he didn't wish for our peers to spot my marks. Taehyung stayed still, flushing.

"Err, before Kook gets too friendly, how's... your job, yes, how's your job?" Robert asked. Taehyung tried to answer yet got too distracted as I sniffed his neck. "Well... Did you know Mr. Davidson's wife is about to give birth? That's a fun topic, yeah? They canceled our last few lessons with him too."

"That's right..." I said and pulled Taehyung closer. "Do you think we could use the additional hours to their fullest? Your place should be empty, right?"

Robert smacked the back of my head. "God, Kook, can't you see I'm desperate to keep this conversation going?! You disgust me."

When the other wasn't looking, Taehyung gave me a nod.

I couldn't stay still throughout the rest of that school day, nor could I focus on any subject. In my head were images of all the things we would do at Taehyung's home instead.

Finally, hours later, he was leading me towards his apartment. "It's a mess there, and the place is small," he said on our way.

"You're not going to impress me. All I need are four walls and a bed, and if anything, I can get a bit creative."

Taehyung let us in, and indeed, everything was tiny and unorganized. I hated it there, yet followed to his room regardless.

His bedroom was the complete opposite; neat and comfy enough for me to prefer it over my own. There was a shelf full of high-quality literature. A desk stood with a few open notebooks he'd put away so they wouldn't appear displaced. A big gray closet, colorful plushies on its very top, faced a bed with grayish sheets in the middle of the white, pale walls.