Chapter 43: Lost in You

Jungkook's P.O.V

I took one last look in the mirror, adjusted my shirt, my hair, checked my breath, got closer, made sure there were no visible zits, turned away, turned back around, repeated all of those steps, and forced myself away again.

My parents were laughing behind me. "Little shits, who told you you could come in?!" I yelled.

"I thought your mother takes too long to get ready. You're on a whole other level," Dad said.

"We have an incredibly talented son if he breaks such records," said Mom. "The skills, really, must be remarkable."

"Stop bullying me! You're supposed to be my parents!" I whined. "Today is a big day for me, okay?"

I had planned something only I knew of, something special, something for which I'd been waiting. On that day, impressing Taehyung was crucial. I wasn't going to mess it up.

With a sweaty palm, after taking a few deep breaths, I knocked on my boyfriend's door.

Taehyung walked out with a bright smile. "Movie date, I'm ready to go!"

I, on the other hand, was not ready. Not emotionally, at least.

Attempting to suppress the anxious chills, I led my boyfriend to a vehicle parked in the nearest parking lot. "Wow, Jungkook! Did your parents get a new car?" he asked and began circulating the foreign object.

"Not exactly." I opened one of the doors and let him glance inside, sighing in relief at his approval. "It was my parents' gift for finally getting my driving license..."

"Wait, Taehyungie!"

Mrs. Kim suddenly hurried out of their apartment building, reached her son, and landed him some cash before we left. Taehyung thanked her, got inside my car, and I was about to join him. She grabbed my arm.

"I know we've already done this, but I don't believe you got the introduction you deserve." She tightened her grip with a devilish grin. "So hi, I'm Taehyung's mom, and if you hurt my son, somebody will find your corpse in a dumpster."

Her voice was eerily friendly, yet I could feel the blood circulation in my hand stop. "Ha... ha... ha... err... Please don't kill me."

As I was driving us to the cinema, Taehyung was singing old on-the-road songs from our primary school field trips. My heart skipped a beat. Still cheerful, he stepped out of my car upon arrival and breathed in the strong scent of popcorn. My breath became shaky.

I followed Taehyung to the box office at the entrance where an old lady was sitting, which we assumed was the cashier. "I have our tickets here. We're supposed to hand them to her, right?"

"Do you not know how going to the movies work?" he said. I craved to get swallowed into the ground. Everywhere Robert and I went, he was the one interacting with the workers when I was too worried about making a fool out of myself.

Now I was acting like a fool in front of Kim Taehyung.

"Fine, stay behind then." Taehyung ruffled my hair and stepped towards the lady, waiting for her weary eyes to stumble across his confident figure.

"Good afternoon, young man, how may I help you and your friend?" she questioned in a cheerful tone.

"We have two tickets for... Jungkookie, can you please pass them to me? Jungkook?" The plan refused to leave my brain alone for even a second, and just hearing him calling me by nickname in public made my chest tighten.

The lady laughed. "Your friend seems as though he'd seen a ghost."

"Don't mind him." Taehyung tapped under my chin. "He's a little shy around strangers," he teased.