Chapter 29: Clubby Wannabe

Jungkook's P.O.V

"Ugh, it's not fair!" Robert sighed and lay down on our desk. "I can't wait for that stupid party!"

"I thought you hated parties," I said.

"Yeah, but Taylor's birthday would mean spending more time with Erica. I'll get to know her better, and she seems like such a sweetheart," Robert told me. "Now I have to wait until the weekend, god damn it."

I looked at my watch, the students had already begun filling up the classroom, and Taehyung hadn't arrived yet.

"Talk to her at school then, duh."

"I can't, I'll pee my pants the second I try, 'cuz, for some reason, it's less awkward outside of this shitty place," he said.

"Too shy, uh?" I teased. "If you want to get to know her better, even though you can't talk to her, there's an obvious solution."

"And what would that be? Everything is so obvious with you, right?" He rolled his eyes.

"Ask around, follow her, listen in when she talks to friends without her knowing... There are a lot of ways to get information about a person of interest." Robert blinked at my words. "What? That's practical."

"Practically fucked up. That was sarcasm, wasn't it?" he asked. I shook my head. "Dude, that's stalking!"

"Aha! I knew they had a word for it!" I threw another glance at the other side of the classroom, and the seat I'd been guarding remained empty. "Taehyung can help us with that," I said.

"You don't see the issue, do you?" I heard Robert.

"What issue...? OH MY GOD, HE'S WEARING MY SHIRT!"

Everyone turned to me. I hid behind my friend, mumbling, "it's nothing..." still watching Taehyung as he was making his way towards us. He was wearing a regular-seeming shirt, however, merely remembering I'd been the one to give it to him, picked and bought it, made me have a panic attack.

"Is he okay?" he asked Robert.

"He's wearing it," I whispered. "Why is this such a turn on...?"

Taehyung chuckled. "Of course I'll wear it, it's nice. Thank you."

"Now, I can't get the mental image of her wearing one of my actual shirts out of my head," Robert whined.

"No need to be upset, Robs. Tae would help you stalk and find everything you need to get her!" I said. Taehyung gave me a weird look.

"And then you'll help me find her diary, read through it, and convince her to— Forget it! Not going to listen to any of your advice. It's shit." Robert groaned and turned to stare at the window. "God, I wish to hold her hand so bad... What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing, that's adorable!" cried Taehyung.

"And that's why I've got to help, and there must be a way, I'd like to support my best friend with the confusing bullshit that is love."

"If so, Kook..." Robert faced us anew. "They did say I could bring friends with me."

"You can bring friends?" I jumped off my seat. Robert nodded. "To the party?!" He nodded once more. I gazed at Taehyung.

"I'll be at work." My excitement had died out. If Taehyung would be at the restaurant, I had to join him. "Jungkook will definitely be there, though," he stated, earning my glare. "Don't. You want to help your friend, and you should. You'll take a day off."

I couldn't sit or stand still for the rest of the school day, and yet attempted to keep a calm facade. My first ever party. I couldn't believe it.