Unrequited

You had barely gotten to make your first cup of coffee before someone was at your door and ringing the doorbell. You fix your hair a bit expecting to see your sister and her family on the other side of the door. As you open the door you're surprised, instead of your sister, a mailman with a small box and letter for you. "Hello ma'am, good morning!" you jumped a bit, he was a bit too enthusiastic for delivering mail in this heat, you straightened yourself and nodded towards him. "Good morning to you too" he moved a clipboard towards you, you took it and wrote your signature before handing it back to him and taking both the letter and the package. You watched him step off your doorstep before turning and closing the door and walking back into the kitchen and back to your now lukewarm cup of coffee. What could have been so important for someone to take you away from your precious coffee?!

You set the box on the counter and start reading the label of the sender, Hiroto Watanabe. Your eyes widened a bit in a strange mix of nerves, excitement, and shock; you hadn't seen Hiroto since you both broke up in high school because he cheated on you with another student. Despite your friends telling you otherwise you still talk to him from time to time because you can't help but be in love with him and there's still a part of you that hopes that he will tell you he loves you, too. You picked up a small knife and began to cut the top tape down the middle, top, and bottom; when you finished you opened it to see something that broke your heart. You reached in and pulled out a picture with Hiroto Watanabe holding a woman with long blonde hair and green eyes with a ring on her left hand. You felt as if you couldn't breathe as you picked up the envelope and quickly opened it, inside there was a wedding announcement for the engagement between Hiroto Watanabe and Aiya Saito, along with an invitation.

You dropped to the floor, not realizing how fast your heart was pounding as you grabbed your phone and called your sister. She picked up on the 3rd ring, "hey sorry we haven't left yet the kids wanted to play a game of cards with their dad" you can hear them all laughing over the phone and you hide your head between your knees. You lifted your face a bit to talk "yeah listen something just came up so I'll be busy" you felt bad for lying but you didn't wanna mention this to them. She breathes a sigh of relief "it's okay, to be honest, I don't think we would've been ready" you both laugh and she hangs up to deal with her kids and you sigh. You stood up and headed to the fridge, you took out a beer and sat down on your couch and turned to another channel. This was the first of six, as you finished your last beer you realized you were but not quite drunk enough to feel better about the whole situation. Your phone rings and you try gasping but your gasp is quickly replaced by a loud hiccup, you groaned and looked at the caller ID on your phone, it read Bakugo Katsuki.

A large smile crossed your face as you quickly answered in a drunk happy tone "Hey! Bakugou! What's up?" You could hear the loud bass music in the background and he groaned "you sound way too happy and dumb at the same time are you drunk? What happened?" You laugh nervously and smile softly "yea if you come over with more beer I'll tell you about it" he scoffs and rolls his eyes "I'd rather be there with your dumbass than here, I'll be there in 15 minutes." You nodded not realizing that he couldn't see it, he hung up first. He held his phone and shook his head sadly as he stepped out of the party with his hands shoved in his pocket.

You sit up quickly when you hear a loud banging on the door and a familiar yelling voice. "Hey! Open up its way too hot you drunkard, the beers are gonna get warm!!" You smiled and went to the door and swung it open with a big smile. Bakugo stood on the other side of the door holding a twelve-pack of beer in one hand and a convenience store bag with snacks in the other. "Spill it, nerd, what's got you so upset that you drank all the beer in your house huh?!" he barged into your house, setting the beer and snacks on the kitchen counter, taking out some cup noodles and other junk food he looks at you a little annoyed "shut the damn door you'll let the AC out, Baka" you close the door quickly and hurry into the kitchen and reach for a beer.