Silent Night, Silent Confession (New Year special)

You sat in the conference room as the other heroes arrived for the briefing on a raid that you had been invited to join, you looked at the heroes who sat at the table you knew most of them except for one ash blond man with a black mask who sat across from you. According to what your agency told you his hero name was Dynamight, but his real name was Bakugo Katsuki, he was from a different agency in the same district as yours, you had been on a few missions with his agency in the past and you could tell he was softer than he showed. Although you had never met such a handsome and angry-looking man to say that you had a crush. The heads of both agencies stood at the front of the room as the projector whizzed to life going black before a picture of a large group of men and women in front of an old warehouse building, they all range in various sizes, heights, and hair colors but you noticed something similar between them. They all wore a kitsune mask with different designs on them varying from person-to-person, you took note on your notepad, and your boss points at you "(reader)! Please brief us on what you found" he demanded.

You nodded and began to type out your response on a speech app on your iPad, despite your quirk dealing with you using sound waves, ironically, you were mute. Since birth you have had to find new ways to communicate due to you not being able to talk, this block was rough on your parents because of their quirks having to deal with sound just like yours, mainly their voices, to fight when they were on the job. But you could convert the sounds you heard into sonic blasts through your hands and feet, this made it useful for you as a sidekick. You pressed the play button on your app and smiled "this is a new crime group that has been kidnapping and trafficking citizens with elemental based quirks, so far 10 people have gone missing so far" it spoke slowly through the speakers set up in the room. Your head smiled and nodded at you when a young hero with a Bakugos agency spoke up "Hey um I know this has nothing to do with the mission but how come you're not talking? How can you help us if you can't talk?!" the hero leaned over the table face mere inches from yours. You looked away from him embarrassed hiding your face behind your iPad and averting your gaze to the floor, the next thing you heard was a hard bang against the table causing it to shake making the cups on the table rattle.

You shot your eyes open and slowly looked, lowering your iPad to see none other than the explosion hero pressing down the head of the hero who had just insulted you onto the table. "How can you help us if you don't stop talking?!" He growled down at him as a vein on his neck bulged, you blushed a little thinking about how he had protected you was he protecting you? The agency heads both cleared their throats glaring at the two heroes who both looked like they were ready to fight. "Before we go hurting our teammates why don't we get the mission over with?!" the heads glared at Bakugo and the other hero, you looked from the agency's heads to Bakugo gasping when you saw that his gaze was on you. You tried to ignore the blush that rose to your cheeks while you mentally tried to figure out the look on his face, it was as if he was waiting for something, was he waiting for permission? You held your head up nervously, in the short time that you had known him you had never seen him make that kind of expression and why would he be making it at you?!

You looked up at him and slowly shook your head, letting a small smile grow on your face towards him; he really was a lot sweeter than he wanted to admit. Bakugo stood up straight before letting go of the other hero's neck and making his way over to the opposite side of the table ignoring how that guy yelled at him to fight him, his eyes were fixated on yours. You looked away trying to hide your blush, taking your seat you heard the chair next to you creak on the floor before Bakugo plopped down onto the seat with his gaze still on you. He noticed your blush despite you looking away to hide it, he smiled he couldn't help but to think about how cute you were; he had found out you were mute on your first mission together after he had gone off on you for not talking, but afterward, he seemed much sweeter towards you. You try to ignore how close he was to you as the two heads continued to explain the plan, you could feel your nerves begin to grow, were you going to be able to do this? Somehow you had a bad feeling sitting in the pit of your stomach, this was going to end in blood, the question was who's?