(8)

You woke up the next day feeling a bit grumpy and wasting having it when it came to anything annoying.
You ate something before you left your estate leaving in anger. You could nap all day long but at night it was difficult. You could stay up from dusk till dawn easily because you body didn't need sleep unless you've been in battle.
You walked past the headquarters and decided to sit on a bench near a small pond.
Sanemi appeared after a few minutes of rest your head on your hand.
"You look pissed,you don't seem you enjoyed yesterday" he said you groaned in response and leaned back slouching.
"Can't sleep, I can take naps daily but not a full ass sleep schedule" you hissed
Sanemi looked at you who was looking at the scene in the distance. He liked how you looked irritated and you fangs flared everytime he found it attractive.
"Well the master said there will be a mission for us to do together so be prepared" he said you just nodded and sat up.
you got up and stretched your arms popping them in the process. you then stood next to Sanemi who was waiting for you to get up.
You saw your raven fly towards you after a few minutes of awkward silence.
Of course your bird yelled at your ears and you would annoyed so you flicked his small head. After getting the message he flew away leaving Sanemi and you.
"Well let's go, I'm dying to fight something for my own entertainment" you said as you started walking towards the gate. Sanemi walked next to you and hummed in response.

You and Sanemi were running for at least 2 hours. Sanemi would glance at you once in awhile when you were running just a bit ahead of him. You had no problem with cardio because you trained yourself when was just a regular demon slayer.
"Do you know how long it'll take to get to that village?" You asked. Sanemi didn't respond until you both started to slow down due to the thickness of the forest.
"We should be there after we get through this shit" he hissed. You then started to speed up and became impatient.
Sanemi did the same until you both were seeing buildings. You walked after you approached the village.
Sanemi saw you smelling the air and saw how your protective instincts came in.
"I smell dead body's throughout.....the demon could even be hiding in one of these buildings"
you informed as you started to feel sick of the smell and covered you mouth and nose.
"If anything I'll stay in the trees till dust I can't sleep anyways so I'll smell there scent instantly"
You said as you hold your breathe while uncovering your mouth.
"No,were staying in a house so they find ya suspicious" Sanemi Demanded.
You complied sense it was the best idea for right now to slay the demon as soon as possible.

After waiting for dust you got outside and used your senses. Immediately you can smell blood and hear someone screaming in the distance. Sanemi got outside as soon as you start sprinting towards the sound.
You slide on the ground when you spotted two demons grabbing a hold of a human girl.
Sanemi was standing next to you, both of you looked at each other and both separated immediately.
You grabbed the hilt of your Nichirin sword and drawed it slowly facing one of the demons.
"Breathe of blood: 9th breathe: Chi no tsuru"
You dashed towards the demon as soon as you said your breathe. The sword responded and consumed some of your blood, vines swirling around the demon and slowly Constricting it like a python snake. You sheathed you're Nichirin sword slowly and then closed the gap making the blood vines explode and the demons head fly off the body.
You went to Sanemi who was fighting a lower moon, he got some small injuries on his chest and arm area. You watched him slice the demons head off and it landed near your foot.
You stomped on it while walking away from the heads.
"Well that's done with" you said as you felt your head throb.
'Shit I forgot to get more blood back after using a breathe'
You put you hand on your forehead and groaned quietly.
"Let's get back to headquarters now I can't stand the stench" you hissed.
Sanemi saw how pale you've gotten after using that breathe. He wanted to ask why but he didn't want to wait any longer in this place either.

Time skip: brought to you by The Naruto run

You were laying on the ground of your estate tired and light headed from using a breathe and not using another breath afterwards to recover your blood.
Sanemi was sitting next to you watching you rest your eyes.
"You know your stupid to not use that other breathe" he said.
"Shut up I was more focused on getting it done and over with"
You said groggy turning your body away from him making him look at the back of your haori.
"Honestly...sometimes I just think I don't suit the Sword" you mumbled
Sanemi didn't listen that time so you were safe.
"I wander what My stupid brother is doing" Sanemi thought out loud. Your turned a bit by his statement.
"Wait you have a brother?" You questioned.
"Tsk ya but he's an Idiot" Sanemi hissed.
You frowned and turned full Sanemi now sighing.
"Why? You protecting him by being hostile and pushing him away"
Sanemi didn't say anything he just sat there with his head looking the other direction.
"I'll take that as a yes"
After saying that you went back to trying to take a nap now focusing fully on recovering fro dizziness and lost of some blood.
Sanemi watched you sleep seeing how gentle your face gets when you sleep made his heart beat fast and smile on how gentle you can be when not battling or in a serious situation.
Sanemi gently strokes your hair feeling how soft it was by the touch.
"Damn it....what the hell are you doing to me y/n"

A/n
Sorry I made this chapter short.
The next chapter will be you going on some missions with tanjiro which will be fun to write I just realize 2 years pass when tanjiro was training for final selection and kinda messed up on some of the chapter which made it kinda confusing so sorry In advance. If you didn't notice then it's fine it was just a small mistake 😂😅 I kept falling asleep throughout typing this chapter which I found annoying.