7

>>Word count; 1046<<

~Luna's Pov~The next day~

Earlier today, a group of people came back with the leader of this place dead, we still didn't know what happened but he was dead and they brought a girl back. She was part of the group of people who killed Jesus. "Hey." I heard Daryl's voice, I looked back to see him walking towards me. "Hey." I said looking at him. "Thought i saw you, what're you doin' here.?" He asked. "Mom was worried about Rosita," I said crossing my arms, looking at him feeling kind of mad. "What." He said noticing my posture, "So you can come here but not be with my mom.?" I asked. He sighed slightly though his nose, "She misses you." I said as he looked around then back at me. "I came to take care of somethin'. Wasn't plannin' on stayin'." He said looking at me. "Mhm.." I said. "Drop the attitude," He said.

I kept looking at him, "Are you going back.?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, but not yet." he said looking around, "Cmon." He said walking, I stopped crossing my arms and followed him to where there weren't any people. "Her people, the girl we brought in." He said looking at me once we stopped walking. "They wear skins." He said, I looked at him confused. "Skins? Please tell me it's animal skins. Don't say people or i'm gonna throw up." I said looking at him grossed out. "Walkers." He said, I looked away. "That's worse- gross." I said not looking at him. I looked back at him. "Oh- wait- ew!." I said softly, getting goosebumps. I hugged myself a little. "Ew." I repeated looking away again. The thought of the smell and actually wearing the skin- "Wait like- body suit- no that's. No..." I said looking at him.

"Just as masks." He said. I looked away from him again. "Gross.." I mumbled. "That ain't the point, they're blendin' in with walkers." He said, I looked back at him, shaking my head confused, "Blend, like.. guts..?" I asked. "Nah, they just walk with 'em." He said. I kept looking at him, processing but still feeling really confused. The more i thought about it, the idea became creepier and creepier. "Is that how they killed Jesus..?" I asked. I didn't really talk to him, i barely knew him but i know my mom knew him. He nodded slightly, "Yeah. We fought a few of 'em back there in a cemetery." He said. I nodded a bit looking at him, "Are you okay..?" I asked softly. He nodded, nibbling on the inside of his cheeks. "I'm alright," He said. I nodded a bit after a second looking away.

There were people wearing walker skins..?

"How do we tell them apart.?" I asked looking back at him. "Watch their hands, they can go for weapons, hurt 'em before you kill 'em." He said. I nodded a bit, "Oh.." I said softly. This was weird to hear, why would people even consider doing that..? Living like that. "What about the girl..?" I asked. "We're gonna get answers," he said, I nodded slightly. "okay." I said looking away from him slightly. He stayed silent for a while just looking at me, reading me.".. You alright,?" He asked. I nodded a bit looking back at him, "Yeah it's just weird to hear something like that." I said. "Even weirder lookin' at it." He said. I sighed slightly and nodded. "Your mom ain't here is she.? She's not supposed to be." He said. "No, I came because of her. She's back home." I said. "Good." he said looking away.

~The next day~

"Alright, let's go." Uncle Gray said, everyone was about to leave. "I'm not going." I said looking at him. He gave me a look. "Let's go." he repeated. "I don't wanna go yet," I said. "You told Katherine you were coming back with Michonne right.? So let's go." He said. "She's gonna be worried if you're not with us." Michonne said looking at me. "Just tell her I'm here with 'er." Daryl said, stepping down with Dog. "She'll be alright." He said, I looked at Grayson. He looked at Daryl then back at me. "Your mom's gonna kill me." He said. "I'm gonna be with Daryl. He's too bossy and stubborn to let me do anything remotely dangerous or stupid." I said looking at him, smiling a little. "Please.?" I giggled, He kept looking at me.

"Alright.." He said. "okay." I said and hugged him. He hugged me back. "Get home safe Uncle Gray," i said as we pulled away. "Alright." He said and got on his horse, I looked at Michonne and she sighed. "Tell her not to come, i'll be okay here. Plus you'll need her help over there." She said. My mom was Michonne's right hand, she needed her there right now more then ever with these people Daryl and the rest encountered.

The days we go out to see Daryl are the days there's nothing really going on and Michonne doesn't need my mom's help. She nodded, "Alright." She said and put a hand on my arm. "See you," She said. I nodded giving her a soft smile. She pulled away and headed to the wagon. They started heading out, I looked back at Daryl with a smile, "So that's what you think of me?" He asked. I smiled a bit more. "Just sometimes," I said. He scoffed walking away from me. I went up to him.

"You came for Rosita, she's good. Why didn't you go back with 'em.? " He asked. I shrugged a bit looking at him as we walked. "Maybe i wanted to spend time with you.." I said looking at the floor. He looked over to me, I looked over to him too and shrugged a little. "I rarely see you anymore.. And when I do it's only for a few hours. My mom sees me every day, a couple days won't hurt her." I said as we walked. ".. Alright," he said softly. I nodded a bit, "Or you know, if you don't want me here i'll just catch up to them." I said looking at him. He looked over to me. "Shut up." He said and put a hand on my back.

" He said and put a hand on my back