Chapter 3: The General Part: 1

Krest blinked his one good eye in confusion and shook his head. "Madam I think you need to double-check your records, there has to be a mistake."

"This one's all you, Skipper," said Shaman. He patted Krest on the shoulder and turned to leave with Deuce following close behind.

Linorra stepped down from the Shuttle and approached Krest, bowing to him. "I assume you are the officer in charge of this battalion? Commander-?"

Krest shook his head. "Captain, actually. I never got promoted to commander. Captain Krest of the 76th defense corps."

"Well it's good to make your acquaintance, Capta-"

"Skipper! You're needed at the command center!" Shaman cut in.

The pair turned to see Shaman running up to them. "General's Kenobi and Skywalker are already there waiting."

Shaman then turned his helmet to look at Linorra, "I guess that means you too General."

Linorra nodded and they all made their way to the command center. As they walked, Linorra began to see the true scope of what had been going down on Christophsis. Dead and wounded troopers laid about amongst the rubble. Artillery guns and tanks sat in smoking heaps of twisted metal and carbon scoring. Linorra hadn't seen destruction like this ever before. She had trained as a consular deep within the jungles of a distant planet that had no name. Only when she was assigned to Master Unduli did she begin to see some military action. But, only then was it small skirmishes and engagements nothing at all like what she saw here on Christophsis.

As they entered the command center Krest felt all eyes draw to them. Generals Kenobi and Skywalker as well as Captain Rex and Commander Cody.

"Captain, good to see you could join us." smiled General Kenobi, "Likewise to you too Master Skitarr, I had no idea you were coming here."

Linorra bowed, "I just arrived not too long ago. I've been reassigned to Captain Krest and the 76th."

"Well, now that everyone's here we can begin the briefing," announced Cody as he turned on the holotable. A holographic display of the capital flickered into view as well as icons marking troopers and heavy armor. "We brought what we could from our position after we were attacked. Unfortunately by the time we got here the capital's defenses were already breached. General Skitarr I think it's time we filled you in. A turncoat sold us out to the Separatists which is why they were able to punch through our defenses using long-range missiles; they took out our artillery and used that to get through our defenses. A few even managed to reach here at the command center."

"This means that our defensive capabilities are greatly reduced. A small handful of artillery cannons is all we can scrounge up." Krest cut in. "Now that the enemy has pulled back we can secure the only bridge leading into the city. We can set up our remaining cannons here at the start of the bridge, using the rubble for cover so we can protect them from any enemy fire. Then we set up a firing line here, it'll be the last line of defense for the cannons. General Kenobi and his men will hold the line. As for General Skywalker, I suggest you alongside Rex and a team of troopers flank around and hold position along the rooftops here until the Octuptarra droids are directly under them and they can take them down."

"Sounds fun," Skywalker smiled.

"I can round up some of the boys and grab some jetpacks." Rex nodded in agreement.

"Me and Cody will hold the line, just make sure you and Rex are back in time." Kenobi chimed in.

"And the long-range missiles?" Linorra interjected.

"I propose I take a team of men behind enemy lines and destroy their shipments of missiles. By the time the second wave hits we won't have to worry about any missiles." Krest responded promptly.

"I'll accompany you and your team then Captain." Linorra nodded.

"We'll take all the help we can get General."

"Then it's settled, we'll set up our defenses and await their attack," Cody announced, turning off the holotable.

(A/N hey guys this took a while, and I'm really sorry. I'm in the tail end of my senior year so everything is a bit hectic but I wanted to get something out for every one of you who've showed me all this support for Krest. I know this chapter was a little shorter but trust me more is on the way and I'm shooting for releasing a new chapter every Friday so look out for that in the future! anyway I hope you guys stick around with me and I hope you guys enjoy the story so far!)