Chapter 4: The General Part: 2

"So Captain, how come your battalion was never under the command of a general?" General Skitarr asked as she and Krest walked to the armory where their team was already prepping.

"We had one once. During the battle of Geonosis we were put under the command of General Jorterl Yarrick but...his gunship was shot down before we could rendezvous. After the battle, we were loaded up onto a cruiser and shipped here." Krest explained.

"And Master Jorterl?" General Skittar asked, her eyes staring ahead down the long corridor leading to the armory

"They never recovered his body." Krest looked at the ground solemnly, "We never got to meet him, so to us..we've never had a general."

As they entered the armory Shaman, Deuce, Shellshock, and Fodder looked up from their gear up at Krest and Linorra.

"General, I think it's time for a proper introduction," Krest said motioning to the troopers. "This is Shaman, Deuce, Fodder, and Shellshock."

Each trooper waved or nodded when their name was called.

"Cap'n I've got some of the boys from ordinance ready to go.." Shellshock chimed in, jerking his thumb to three troopers tinkering with a series of explosives. Their orange-colored armor was scuffed and scratched all over with each scratch telling a story of their previous deployments.

The three troopers stood up and saluted.

"Kree reporting as ordered sir!"

"Maro reporting as ordered sir!"

"Cawl Reporting as ordered sir!"

"Alright troopers listen up!." Krest announced as he pulled out a holo-projector and turned it on, displaying a map of the region. "We have an important task ahead of us! Looks like the Seps are using long range missiles to knock out our heavy artillery to make way for their troops. We got hit hard and barely made it out after their last attack so it's no surprise that our top priority is knocking out their caches of missiles before their second wave hits. If we fail the capital falls and all of christophsis along with it. Kree, Maro, and Cawl will accompany us to help with the demolitions. We need to move quick and and effectively, in and out so pack lightly no rockets or heavy blasters. Small arms and detonators only."

"Karabast..." cursed Shellshock under his breath.

"Our scouts have reported that the missile caches are kept in a storage facility on the outskirts of a nearby city thirty clicks west of here." Krest continued. "We'll drop just outside of the walls and scale them to get inside and blow the munitions. move out in ten minutes, so I expect everyone at the tarmac in eight." Krest ordered.

The troopers all nodded and went back to preparing their gear.

"Oh! I took the liberty of getting you a new helmet while you're old one is getting repaired." said Fodder as he handed Krest a relatively new helmet with olive green markings signifying their unit along with a lightning bolt going down the right side of the visor signifying the scar where the shrapnel went through.

"Thanks, kid." Krest nodded giving a quick but rare smile. Behind him Krest noticed the others looking at him in surprise.

"How come the new guy gets a smile?" Deuce whined.

"You'll get one when you become captain." Krest joked, maintaining a straight face.

Deuce rolled his eyes and put his helmet on and got up from his seat. "I will get you to smile one day Captain!" he announced challengingly as he walked out of the armory.

"You're men seem to have a deep sense of friendliness with you Captain." Skitarr said in her usual formal tone.

"We're all brothers ma'am, and they trust me with their lives but I maintain a strong authority over them. I'm still their C.O." Krest explained.