Chapter 5: The General Part: 3

"So, what do the odds look like?" Krest asked as he crouched behind Shellshock and Deuce who were performing recon on the storage facility that housed the long-range missiles.

After Shaman's outburst, Krest managed to get General Skitarr to agree to let Shaman wait with Maro for an evac. While they waited the rest of the team made their way to the roof of a tower nearby where they currently sat planning out their attack on the storage facility.

"I'd say fifty-fifty." Deuce shrugged, not looking away from his binoculars. "Standard defenses: about a hundred clankers, maybe a handful of B2s along with some rollers."

"Stop tryna scare the Cap!" Shellshock hissed. "The real odds are up in the air, hard to tell what they got inside the warehouse, but what we know is the outside defenses are mostly B1s and some rollers. Gotta say, pretty lax security for such valuable munitions."

"He's right, there should be at least a tank or two." Deuce chimed in.

"Mhm," Shellshock nodded. "Let's hope the intel is good and the seps were just too lazy to set up better defenses."

"Let's hope." Krest nodded and left the pair to continue their reconnaissance. As he walked off he retrieved his holo-communicator and tried contacting Shaman as he took a seat alongside a wall.

The communicator chirped and a blue projection of Shaman appeared. "Skipper,"

"Everything good?" Krest asked. "You and Maro safe?"

"Don't worry about me Skipper, the gunship is almost here anyway. Get the job done, and I'll see you guys back at HQ." Shaman said.

"Alright, just sit tight, and make sure you get back safe," Krest replied.

"I'll be fine, just make sure you and the boys keep an eye out for the new general. Something's off with her."

"I think she just needs time to adjust, I'll keep an eye out though," Krest said before he was interrupted by General Skitarr's voice coming from behind him.

"An eye out for what Captain?" her voice was stone cold and held an authoritative tone he'd only seen in the hardiest of officers.

Krest turned around and stood at attention. "General! erm...I was just making sure Shaman and Maro were getting back safely. He just wanted to remind me to look out for enemy snipers is all."

Skitarr looked at him with a hint of suspicion for what seemed like an eternity to Krest as her stone-cold gaze eyed him up before gently nodding. "The medic has a point, but we need everyone to lock in Captain, especially you out of everyone, given your injury."

"Trust me, General, Shaman gave me some extra doses of painkillers to take just in case the pain gets too much. I'll be fine." Krest nodded.

"Let us hope, we're already down two clones, I'd rather not make it three," Skitarr said before turning around and joining the rest of the team.

Krest followed suit as Shellshock and Deuce joined them.

"So from what we saw, the main perimeter defenses consist mainly of B1s and a couple auto-turrets. However, we don't know what kind of surprises are hidden inside the warehouse. So far nothing has gone in and out except for a supply ship dropping off what is no doubt more missiles." Deuce explained.

"From the looks of it, the droids are readying up for the second assault so if we are going to make a move it has to be soon," Shellshock interjected.

"We'll split into teams." Krest started, "Cawl and Kree you're with me, Shellshock, Fodder, and Deuce will join General Skitarr. I think our best course of action will be to have General Skitarr attack from the main entrance and draw the enemy's attention and keep them occupied, meanwhile, I and the ordinance team will slip past the enemy defenses and get inside the warehouse. Once we're inside we'll rig the missiles to blow and get out. It should be a quick job, so long as you guys keep them occupied."