Chapter 9: Sand and Sun

"A failure in planning is a plan for failure."

-Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Season:3 Episode:6

"So, how's it feel to be back, cyclops?" Jabbed Commander Jet at Krest as they walked alongside Rex, and Cody to the bridge where their briefing was to take place. Of course, Jet's statement could've been referring to two things, either Krest returning to action or the Republic returning to Geonosis.

"That's rich coming from you, you pyromaniac." Krest snapped back-but gave an honest answer. "However if you're talking about coming back to this hive then I gotta say, it is worrying that we're back here. Especially after all our losses during the first battle. Just the sight of the planet brings back nightmares. But, if you're just jabbing at my injuries then all I'll say is I'm glad to be back."

"This place holds a bad place in my heart, and my memories," Rex said grimly.

Cody, understandably was silent. He didn't take part in the first battle of Geonosis so he had nothing to say about their conversation. However, he gave Rex a nod and muttered, "I bet."

The three entered the bridge's command center and found Generals Kenobi, Skywalker, Mundi, and of course Skitarr standing close together at a holotable. Next to them was a projection of General Unduli with Skywalker's new Padawan Ahsoka standing next to him. The command center like the bridge was dark and the interior was a dull grey, the only light emanating from countless bright buttons and screens all around them displaying system statuses, munitions, surveillance, scanners, fuel meters, and countless other necessities to keep the ship running. Accompanied by a wealth of deck officers the bridge although quiet was one of the busiest places on the ship. As they entered, Krest could see the orange-red of Geonosis behind them. Just the sight of the planet made his skin crawl as the screams of terrified troopers being pulled away by flying bug-like Geonosians replayed in his head. If it were up to him, Krest would take a note out of Jet's book and flood the hives with a healthy dose of napalm. Krest however pushed his murderous thoughts aside, a projection of the Chancellor, General Windu, and Yoda fazed out and was replaced by a map of the attack area.

"Good, Cody, these are the coordinates for the rendezvous." Kenobi promptly began, pointing a gloved finger at the map.

"Yes, sir." Cody nodded and picked up where Kenobi left off. "When we hit the ground we'll create a perimeter; getting past their defenses here-" Cody traced his finger along a flashing red line that signified the Geonosian defensive line. "-will be the trick. General Mundi will come across the defensive lines from the north. We'll make our assault through the middle. General Skywalker will make his attack on the defensive lines from the south. General Skitarr will follow us closely behind with additional tanks and heavy weaponry to shore up our fighting strength and we'll meet at the rendezvous point at O-seven-hundred exactly."

"If we meet with strong resistance and are forced down away from the rendezvous point, hold out until we join our forces before attacking the shield generator," Mundi explained in his usual calm tone of voice.

"Despite the resistance once we land we should have sufficient strength to make our assault on the factories," Skitarr noted. "My additional troops should see to beefing up any losses suffered during our initial landing."

"Their front lines are heavily fortified. Look at that giant wall with all the gun emplacements, that won't be easy to get past," said Ahsoka pointing to a large wall covering a canyon. It didn't take a Jedi to tell she was worried about encountering said wall. Any attack would most likely be decimated without some kind of heavy armor or an airstrike.