Chapter 5: First Day, First Classes, First Trouble

Allie was sitting in Transfiguration class with Draco. Professor McGonagall was sitting at her desk. She had turned into a cat and was waiting for the whole class to arrive. Just then, two boys, one with raven hair and glasses and the other with short, red hair walked in.

"Whew. We made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late." the red haired boy said to the raven haired one. Allie had her elbow resting on the table and hit her forehead against the palm of her hand, thinking 'Those boys are so stupid'.

Draco smirked, holding back a laugh as McGonagall transfigured back into a human.
"That was bloody brilliant." the redhead said in amazement.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time." McGonagall replied sternly.

"We got lost." the raven-haired boy that Allie now realized was Harry Potter explained. The other one must be the Weasley Draco was talking about.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." Professor McGonagall said. The two boys sat down as Allie raised her hand.

"Yes Miss Catter?" McGonagall asked.

"Forgive me for asking, Professor, but that was rather amazing. You transfiguring into a cat. What is it called?" she asked politely.

"Well Miss Catter. I am an Animagus. I was trained to transform into a particular animal of my choice, and I chose a cat. The training to do so takes time and practice, but once you have completed the training, you can register your Animagus at the Ministry of Magic."

"Wow." Allie said in awe, along with a few other students. The class went on, and soon they were off to Potions, which was in the dungeons, near the Slytherin common room.
Allie sat by Draco in the Potions classroom and he was whispering to her about how the Weasley's name was Ron when Snape barged into the room, causing everyone to go silent.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class," Snape started, rushing to the front of the class. "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition," he looked at Draco and Allie and they smiled "I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

Snape was now looking at Harry, who was writing on a piece of paper. Allie couldn't tell if he was taking notes or just doodling.
"Then again," Snape continued, still staring at Harry coldly "maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention."

Harry kept writing until a girl with bushy brown hair and brown eyes nudged him. Then he finally looked up at Snape, who said "Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity." He then started asking Harry a bunch of questions. The bushy-haired girl had her hand straight up in the air as Harry kept saying that he didn't know the answer to any of the questions.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything... is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape asked Harry.

"Clearly, Hermione knows. Since it's a pity not to ask her." Harry said, glaring at Snape.
Everyone apart from Draco and Allie laughed. "Silence." Snape ordered. He walked over to Harry's desk. On his way, he told Hermione "Put your hand down you silly girl." She immediately did as Snape sat down in front of Harry's desk and leaned over to him. He then started to name off all the answers to the questions. Allie decided to start writing them all down as he named them, she did need to know everything she could about potions.
Snape saw her writing it down and smiled slightly before saying "Well, why aren't you all copying this down?"