71 : Jiang Liu

Chapter 71

Jiang Liu

The last match of the second stage ends when Chen Gao accidentally steps on the edge of the platform causing Gao Jun to press in and go for the win.

Finally Tang Fan stands up and says a few encouraging words before dismissing them. Everyone goes back to their own rooms but the hour is still early. Just three quarters through the Shen period. The sun has still not set.

Although the competition ended relatively early, You XiaoMo still found it very enjoyable. Watching his fellow disciples show such extraordinary skill, he feels even more longing to be as strong as them. This wish has always been there. It's just that it was thoroughly beat down by his being a mage. But now it's different after hearing Ling Xiao say that mages are not as weak as others say. For example when a mage advances until they are strong enough, their soul force will undergo a qualitative change allowing them to initiate attacks on other people. Although Ling Xiao said that only high level mages will be able to do this, there is always an exception to everything.

A little over a month ago, since he became Kong Wen's disciple, his status has risen accordingly. From then on, he is no longer a probationary disciple so his elevated status now allows him to go to the second level of the library.

The identity tablet is still the one the old man guarding the library gave him. But lately with the seclusion and other various things, he hasn't had the chance to use that tablet. Now is just the right time, so he decides to go to the library and look around to see if he can find some books on the soul force. On it should be written some things that he doesn't know. He firmly believes that heaven always leaves one door open!

Ling Xiao knows that he wants to go to the library so he wants to follow along. The library is not within the Central lineage so someone must follow him out. Otherwise, he will be stranded outside by the barrier.

"What kind of books to you want to borrow?" Ling Xiao asks after some consideration.

"Those related to the soul force. And also ancient books on magic pills and magic herbs. The library has multiple levels. I've only been to the first level so this time I want to go take a look at the second level."

You XiaoMo conceals his real reason, only saying seventy to eighty percent of the truth.

"Soul force? Aren't you currently training your soul force? Why do you need the books?"

Ling Xiao looks directly at You XiaoMo. Reading up on magic pills and magic herbs will definitely increase knowledge. But he doesn't think it is necessary for the soul force.

You XiaoMo looks away guiltily, "Uh, there are still a few things that I don't quite understand."

Ling Xiao raises his brows as he takes in his expression, a smile appearing on his lips. Not knowing to rein in his expression when telling a lie. Ling Xiao intentionally teases him saying, "If there is anything you don't understand, you can ask me now. After all, the hour is still early."

A few drops of cold sweat immediately form on his forehead. You XiaoMo didn't expect him to actually hit the nail on the head. He glances at him resentfully and lowers his head as if to let out his exasperation before revealing his real intention, "This morning you said that mages can also initiate attacks on other people but it's only possible for high level mages. You also know how poor my innate talent is. So I want to see if there are any shortcuts that can enable me to change the nature of my soul force."

"Are you an idiot?"

Ling Xiao raises his brows at his words.

"I'm not an idiot."