166 : Windfall

Chapter 166

Windfall

Ling Xiao walks to the front of Eleventh Star and company. If there was a fan in his hand, and if he opens it with a *shua*, he would probably look like a handsome and refined elegant prince. Too bad he doesn’t have one. What he does have, is a heart that is ready to ‘silence witnesses’.

“Consider yourselves lucky!”

Ling Xiao beams as he looks at them.

These words are not looney talk. When he kills, he usually likes to use all sorts of different methods. The people killed by him sometimes end up without arms or with missing legs. Sometimes, half of the head is gone, just like what happened the last time at the green plains. However, that is actually one of the few times he was so violent.

But, there is no such thing as most violent, there’s only even more violent!

He still has yet to cause a truly bloody scene. However, this time, he really empathizes with You XiaoMo. Therefore, he definitely doesn’t intend to make it really bloody. He’ll force himself to leave their bodies intact.

“We are indeed lucky. You however, are out of luck because you will soon be dead.”

Eleventh Star swings his large sword and stares at him squarely. However, he faintly feels a thread of uneasiness in his heart.

He has never felt this feeling before. To think that he would actually feel this kind of misgivings facing a Star level two star fighter. Eleventh Star feels that it must be because he is overly excited, causing him to have these feelings. As long as he kills Lin Xiao, everything will be alright.

“Eleventh Star, why are you still standing there? Hurry up and do it!”

At this moment, the black-robed man behind Eleventh Star suddenly shouts in a deep voice. His tone is tinged with anxiousness.

Eleventh Star’s brow twitches. His whole body starts to spin at a high speed. Suddenly his body disappears and a second later, he appears again in front of Ling Xiao. The large sword in his hand is still stained with blood. With a momentum that causes one’s heart to race, he swings it down towards Ling Xiao’s crown.

His strength is Star level seven stars, above ‘Lin Xiao’ by a whole five ranks. With such a disparity, he believes that ‘Lin Xiao’ would simply be unable to react. So he intends to take ‘Lin Xiao’s’ life.

But when the large sword connects with ‘Lin Xiao’s’ body, just when a tiny bit of glee can be seen on Eleventh Star’s face, ‘Lin Xiao’s’ body disappears. It’s actually an afterimage?

Eleventh Star’s expression changes abruptly. Before he could change his stance, a palm attaches to his abdomen. Flames seem to flicker for a second on that palm and then quickly disappears. Eleventh Star’s eyes are open wide in horror. He appears to be frozen in time, with no further reaction.

Ling Xiao’s body materializes as he takes back his hand that was stuck on his abdomen. He pokes his forehead with a finger and Eleventh Star’s towering body immediately falls backwards.

Everyone doesn’t know what happened but Eleventh Star seems to have lost.

Naturally, the people with low cultivation can’t tell but the five black-robed men know that Eleventh Star is dead.

His vigor was very strong at the beginning. But, ‘Lin Xiao’ seems to have done something and it weakened in a flash. His soul force also dried up in an instant.

The covered face of the leader in black robes is shocked to the extreme.

The intelligence on ‘Lin Xiao’s’ level does not add up. The report clearly said that ‘Lin Xiao’ is a Star level two star fighter. But how can a Star level two star fighter instakill a Star level seven star fighter at the first meeting. It’s very clear that ‘Lin Xiao’ is simply not a Star level two star fighter. Everyone has been fooled.