170 : Coward

Chapter 170

Coward

The black leopard is a mid-level magic beast. However, the black leopard is unlike regular mid-level magic beasts because there are three different types. They are the Stone Flame black leopard, the Blue-eyed black leopard, and the Golden black leopard.

Among them, the one with the most potential is the Golden black leopard. According to legend, the Golden black leopard is the one that is most likely able to break free from the restrictions of their bloodline to become a level nine magic beast. That's because they are the same as the Blue-blooded wolf, both are level eight magic beasts. Unless a special method is used, most of the level eight magic beasts can rise no further than this.

Lei Ju says that the level six magic beast is none other than a Golden black leopard, with exceptionally beautiful golden eyes. The eyes are like jewels, radiating dazzling rays of light. And there's also the jet-black fur that appears to be gleaming, exceptionally beautiful.

The worth of a Golden black leopard is higher than that of a Blue-blooded wolf. No wonder Lei Ju is so excited. If he can bond with this black leopard, when he returns to TianXin sect, he would be favorably regarded by the Grand Master. He would also have a lot of face.

However, the problematic thing is, this Golden black leopard's cultivation is at the pinnacle of Star level seven stars. Looking at the fluctuation in its magic energy, it seems as if it will soon breakthrough.

If it manages to breakthrough successfully, even if it is newly risen level seven magic beast, which hasn't stabilized its power, it would still be very dangerous for them. No matter how you look at it, a Star level fighter is no match for a level seven magic beast.

The Golden black leopard isn't aware of their arrival. Lei Ju also doesn't dare to alarm it, so he quickly ran back after discovering it and prepares to discuss with everyone how to deal with it.

Elder Wang ponders for a moment before speaking, "Looks like we can only send someone to lure that Golden black leopard out. Then the rest of us will lie in ambush outside and launch a sneak attack when it isn't aware."

Speaking of sending someone over to lure the magic beast out, Elder Wang's gaze stealthily glances over everyone, remaining on Ling Xiao for a moment.

Although it was only a moment, it was still noticed by Ling Xiao, causing him to raise the corner of his mouth for a moment.

Lei Ju also looks veiledly at Ling Xiao, "Then, according to Elder Wang, who should we send?"

Elder Wang looks at everyone and hesitates for a moment before speaking, "Actually, it would be the best if I go. But I and the black leopard are almost of the same strength. As long as everyone gives me enough time, I am confident that I'm capable of wounding it seriously. This way, we would be able to pay the smallest prize and still catch it. Hence, the person to lure out the black leopard can only be chosen from among the three of you. Which of you are confident that you would able to escape from the claws of a level six black leopard?"

Elder Wang's words are not wrong. The defense of a black leopard is definitely not weak. All of their power together may not succeed in wounding the black leopard seriously. Therefore, it is best if they let him make the move.

However, if they were to go this way, the person luring the black leopard will be in extreme danger.

Without waiting for Ling Xiao to speak, Lei Ju looks at him and says, "Elder brother Lin, the Golden black leopard is guarding that cave so there should be a stalk of level six magic herb inside. What the both of you want is the magic herb. What we want is the magic beast. Regardless, you still have to do your share. How about we hand over the task of luring out the magic beast to you?"