The Whole Truth

Étienne and I followed Loick into the hidden passage that led us to many stairs going down into the basement. When we arrived at the bottom we saw many ancient books and manuscripts scattered in bookshelves. One of the book was calling my name so I grabbed it only to see that the title was "Creators and their real power". Some of the pages were missing but I read some parts of it out loud so the boys could hear it.

-"The world was created by creators hundreds of centuries ago. A man and a woman that brought life to the universe and created all the creatures we know today. These two creators are destined to be soulmates and will always find their way back to each other. They have to die every few years to protect our world from imploding and they eventually come back to do it all again years later but with no recollection of their past lives. They get even stronger if they developed all of their abilities and are able to protect the world better and ensure its prosperity."

The rest of the page had unfortunately been ripped off which was very peculiar. I wanted to know the rest of my story and was craving for more information about myself. The boys were looking at me astounded and they didn't know what to say. I was definitely shaken up because I couldn't say anything either. Étienne took my hand to reassure me and hold me in his arms. After a few minutes I could finally speak up again.

-So...I don't have any doppelgängers...I was in a relationship with both of you in my past lives.

The two boys looked at each other perplexed.

-Listen ma belle...what you just learned is crazy and I understand that you might feel like your whole life is a lie.

-I...It's just that I feel like so many parts of me were lost...so many memories. That I had with you but also of myself and it hurts.

-To be honest Angel I would do anything to be able to start over. Don't take this chance for granted.

-Loick I want to have a normal life where I can fall in love with who I want and not feel like my life is just a series of events that were already planned by destiny.

I stormed off because I had to clear my head and be alone. I also had to tell Kylie and Crystal everything which I did as soon as I came back to my room. They were as shocked as I was and didn't understand why no one has ever told me before. One of the butlers knocked on our door and gave me a note from Étienne.

"I know today was a hard day for you. Come meet me in the ballroom at midnight xx -Étienne"

At midnight I entered the ballroom and saw him standing there looking like a freaking god. He smiled at me and I could see his eyes glistening. He took my hand and guided me to the backyard where the moon was shining bright in the sky and the stars were breathtakingly beautiful. Together we jumped very high to reach the rooftop of our castle and sat on the very comfy blanket he set up so we could look at the stars. He had also brought a bottle of Veuve Cliquot that we could drink while talking.

-You know Angel...I never felt anything like this before with anyone else. You're truly special.

-I feel the same way. I felt attracted to you in a way I've never felt before. Like we were meant to be like I knew you and loved you even before even knowing you. At that party I lost my virginity to you...without even questioning it.

He looked at me with the kindest smile I've ever seen.

-I mean...I guess I wasn't a virgin after all since I'm like thousands of years old...but for me it was special.

He kissed me with such passion that it took my breath away. All my doubts and questions went away as soon as his lips touched mine. I didn't know if Étienne was my soulmate but what I did know was that I never felt a connection like this with anyone else. I knew that this love story would consume every single little part of me and for once in my life I didn't mind.