9

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

While, Arnav and the others waited for Khushi to come back, Kushal was getting tensed. This was unlike his sister. Kushal knew he had wronged Khushi and he was not  sure how she would react as he had betrayed her trust. Everyone had focused on how Khushi had told them that she will be back with an answer but, he was scared. Scared she would shut them all out. She would run again. Maybe he shouldn't have made life decisions for her. But, in his defense, he had in fact checked with her regarding whether or not she wanted to move on. Wasn't he just acting as a catalyst in the reaction process. Was it wrong of him to side with Arnav? He knew Arnav had been as miserable as Khushi in the three years they were apart. Hadn't they both suffered enough due to all the misunderstandings? Wasn't that why he even decided to interfere in the first place?

 "I think I should go and talk to her if needed." Kushal said.

"May be I should go. I didn't mean to pressurize her. It just happened. I'll tell her and take it back." Arnav said.

"Chotte, Kushal beta, now don't argue about that, one of you go fast" Naani said.

"No Arnav. Not this time. I think I should go to her. I betrayed her trust. I need to talk to her."

"But, she is my wife...."

"And she chose to run away from you. She asked one thing from you. Not to pressurize her and that is exactly what you did. Also, siding with you was wrong on my part, I need to apologize to her for that as well." Kushal said. It was time to 100% support Khushi in her decisions. He was not entitled to make her life decisions. The realization, though late, hit him. 

"Chotte, Kushalji, you both wanted to go and look for Khushi isn't it, why are you still here fighting about it? One of you please go and check why she is not coming back."

Kushal didn't wait for any more conversation as he and Riana went to Khushi's room. 

Meanwhile, Khushi had ran to her room and closed the door. She went to the wardrobe and took out the ring which she had bought for him.

"Arnavji, I thought we could be together again. I wanted this to happen and as if you read my mind, you proposed. I would've been so happy for us today, only if you had not gotten my brother to plot against me. Why does everyone I trust do this to me? Why is my fate like this? Am I just a puppet in everyone's life? Why does everyone feel like they can make decisions for my life? Why???" She cried out loud as she threw the ring on the floor.

She heard a knock on the door

"Come in" She said and turned to face the person who got into the room.

"You? What are you doing here?"

Kushal and Riana  reached Khushi's room. Only, it was empty. They checked the nearby rooms as well as the poolside. Khushi was nowhere to be seen. And so they went back downstairs.

"Where is she? Is Khushi bitiya coming???" Naani enquired.

"Actually, Khushi is not upstairs. We checked the nearby rooms as well."

"What do you mean?" Anjali and Arnav said in unison

"Is there any other way to go out?" Riana asked, confused as why her sister in law was missing.

"No Riana, there is no other exit. And none of us saw her leaving right?"

"Where would she have gone? I should not have proposed her today. Khushi where are you??" Arnav was now in tears.