First Evaluations

Everybody gathered in the main auditorium when they announced surprising news.

"We don't want Chaewon to be the only trainee, so we added in another trainee from her company last minute!"

I was to be honest, pretty happy. What's more, the trainee was my friend Yesol from our company!

"Oh my god, Yesol-Unni!" I excitedly ran towards her.

"YES! Chaewonnie now we can be in this survival show together!!!" Surprisingly, I heard some idols laughing behind me.

"Oh lord... Isn't that your sister?" Solar-unni looks like she was dying

"Ugh! Yes it is..."

Anyways, our first evaluation was to prepare our own solo. As someone who has barely debuted, this was difficult for me. The twist is, we have to go against someone else with the same song.

Thankfully and not thankfully, my opponent is Iz*one's Chaeyeon, she is my friend but she is also a total dancing machine, so it's gonna be a lot of work to go against her, especially singing live.

"I actually really want to do La vie en rose as our song, is that ok?" I asked her.

"Really? I mean it's one of Iz*one's songs so I'm perfectly fine with it." She said in surprise.

I found a room to practice with Yesol, Wonyoung and Seulgi. La vie en rose choreo isn't hard but there are several high notes that I have to sing, and that is gonna be pushing my limits.

"What song are you doing Yesollie?" Seulgi asked.

"I'm against Twice Tzuyu, we decided to do As if it's your last by Blackpink."

"Really?" I'm really surprised that she would choose a song like this.

We have 3 days to practice, I pretty much mastered the choreography by the end of the day but I was still struggling with the singing. Irene-unni, being super nice, decided to give me a vocal lesson. 

On the second day, I continued to memorize lyrics and practiced all day long. On the third day, I was exhausted and slept through the morning and through lunch. Wonyoung and Seulgi brought me some fruits when I woke up and we finalized our performance. The stage is tonight at 7 and it's already 5, so we were hurrying to get ready.