Important *PLEASE READ IT ALL*

Hello! 

My name is Karma (yes, I know) and I am a mixed-race girl currently living in the united states. I'm the author of this book :) (EDIT: I'm genderfluid actually lol anyways)

As I'm sure you have heard, whether it be from Twitter, Instagram, the news, or from friends or family, there are many protests going on all across America. I wanted to bring awareness to this by sharing 2 stories, one of my father and one of me to show you why we need #blacklivesmatter!

I would like to start with a story about my father. He is a VERY dark black man. And my mother is a VERY light white woman. Before I was even born, and when they had started dating, my father was pulled over with my mother in the passenger seat. 

When asked why he had been pulled over, the white police officer said that he "wanted to make sure my mother was alright." He racially profiled my father because he was a black man in a relationship with a white woman and assumed he was doing something. HE WAS DRIVING HOME! There is no doubt in my mind that if that officer wanted to, he could have arrested and/or KILLED my father without repercussion and I am thankful every day that that did not happen.

When I was 7 or 8, I was separated from my mother at a Walmart. I looked MUCH older than I was, maybe looking 10 or 11 and it was summer so I looked WAY darker than I would if it was winter. I was a young mixed girl walking around a Walmart looking for my mother. Every time I looked behind me, I saw a white employee ducking behind shelves and aisles watching me. I assume she believed I would steal something. I had no intention of doing so, especially as a 7 or 8-year-old. She assumed that since I was black that I was a CRIMINAL! AT 7!

And that's just scratching the surface of the racial profiling the "black side" of my family and I have felt. I have never been more terrified than at this moment for the black people in my family ESPECIALLY THE BLACK MEN because of the escalation in police brutality brought upon black people and protestors. 

There are many INNOCENT protestors being arrested for NO REASON. People being shot with rubber bullets IN THE HEAD and losing their eyesight. People have been run over, trampled, shot at, pushed, and beat up by police throughout the course of these protests. 

DO NOT start talking about "nOt AlL cOpS aRe BaD". Your definition of a "good cop" is probably a cop that doesn't beat up black people, which IS good. However, tell me if these "good cops" are doing anything to STOP "bad cops" from SLAUGHTERING black people. I doubt they are. And no one will do anything unless we as American people FIGHT for the change we NEED!

There is a lot of misinformation going around, especially on Twitter. THE RIOTERS ARE NOT BLACK PEOPLE. They are white extremist groups and UNDERCOVER COPS using these protests as an out for damaging communities and to give police an excuse to use EXCESS FORCE on generally peaceful protestors. I have seen FAR TOO MANY videos of black men and women SCREAMING at WHITE PEOPLE to stop vandalizing things. There is one video that shows black people blocking off a target WITH THEIR BODIES from white people trying to destroy them. The rioters are predominantly white who KNOW that their looting and vandalism will be blamed on the black protestors. THEY! ARE! NOT! ALLIES!!!!

I've also seen A LOT of people confused as to why we aren't saying ALL LIVES MATTER. It's very simple once you break it down.

Let's say that you have 5 children that you are babysitting. Now one of them falls and scrapes their knee. Do you give all of the OTHER 4 children a bandaid first because "their knees matter?" Or do you give it to the 1 that fell and is IN NEED of the bandaid? Yes, their knees matter but their knees aren't an issue right now, the child who fell's knee IS an issue right now.

This can be applied to the use of "all lives matter." By saying, "all lives matter" you are bringing down the severity and necessity of BLACK LIVES MATTER. WE CANNOT HAVE "ALL LIVES MATTER" WITHOUT BLACK LIVES MATTERING FIRST! And the only way to get the government and police to recognize that BLACK LIVES DO REALLY MATTER is to RAISE OUR VOICES and SPEAK UP NO MATTER YOUR RACE! WE MUST BE HEARD AND WE SHOULD NOT STOP UNTIL WE ARE!

I have seen many non-black people avoid speaking out about this because they want to "stay neutral." BY STAYING NEUTRAL, YOU ARE CHOOSING THE SIDE OF THE OPPRESSOR! Please! Say something! This is the time to speak! DO NOT SILENCE YOURSELF! 

The protests are the visualization of black people's pain and anger. We have lost far too many brothers and sisters just like George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arburey, Tamir Rice, and many many more. And with each protest, we learn more and more about just how much the government will do to avoid change, even if it means covering up and killing more AMERICAN CITIZENS. This is not right! I am SICK and TIRED of seeing TOO MANY videos of protestors being hurt by police and sobbing because "why can't we be seen as people?" I am TIRED of being afraid for my father, aunts, uncles, and cousins' safety from the people that are meant to protect us. THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

I would like to thank the white protestors for myself. If you are seeing this and have 

1. signed petitions

2. donated

and/or

3. Brought awareness of this through your social media and to your friends and family

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's so heartwarming to see people rising up against prejudice and the oppression of black people and using their white privilege FOR GOOD! Thank you so much from the bottom of my mixed-race heart :)

Here are some feel-good videos with protestors (copy them into a search browser):

twitter.com/nswartsell/status/1267222244339712001

twitter.com/iamneilhazel/status/1266924259944869888

twitter.com/halilbisgin/status/1266938066947710977

Here's a very informative card that gives many petitions and organizations to donate to:

blacklivesmatter.carrd.co

Email Template! Demand the arrest of the other 3 police officers responsible in the LYNCHING of George Floyd!: 

docs.google.com/document/d/1AKY8K2Mcsw32JIq41oVjXTU6u-nPIdvRoxEZEjzQWXk/edit

Go out and be the good change in this world if not for yourself, for the lives of innocent black Americans such as myself and others!

Have a wonderful day!