Chapter 3: First Mission

Your POV

I arrived at the area where we would find the last Zapfish in the sector of the Octo Canyon. 4 stepped on a launchpad and she turned into her squid form and jumped over to the main platform.

I took a few steps back and I ran and when I am nearing the edge I jumped and reached the main platform of where 4 was. I looked towards her and she looked back at me and we both nodded and we both took out our weapons.

In front of us was the last Zapfish of the first sector of Octo Canyon, and under it was a puddle of purple ink, and from the puddle of the purple ink emerged a tentacle......why am I getting hentai vibes? It grabbed the Zapfish into the puddle.

A golden light starts to show from the puddle and a machine of some sort. So it seems that the Zapfishes are powering the machines that the Octarians or Octolings made. And the light faded and it showed an oversized machine that looks like an oven.

I readied my weapon and so did 4 and I started blasting away some of it's parts but it is still attacking us, I'm guessing that the tentacle on top of that machine is the main problem.

Marie: Looks like the tentacle up there is the source of the trouble.

Y/N: Kind of figured it out already!

Marie: The end of those loaves look deadly. That's why I never eat the end slices.

One of the loaves of bread shot out of the machine and both me and 4 dodged and started shooting at machine, I was shooting the eyes of the machine so 4 could have an opening, she started shooting at the machine covering it with Ink and I was distracting it by running around it and forcing it to shoot out more loaves of bread so I could overload the machine. I finally managed to destroy one of it's eye and 4 finally has an opening.

Y/N: 4 get up there now!

Agent 4: Roger that!

4 went up the path covered in ink and she transformed into her squid form and when she finally reached the top of the machine and she started "splatting" the tentacle with her "Splatterrshot". The tentacle exploded and 4 jumped back and away from the machine and I was right beside her.

Another tentacle then emerged from the machine and I knew that the machine was entering it's second phase, some of it's parts were replaced, including the damaged eye and it shot out a couple pillars made out of the same purple ink, better that I stay away from those things, I might get caught and get sent flying out of the platform.

Marie: MMM! CHURROS!

Y/N: Now's not the time, Marie!

Marie: Oh, wait...those are just columns of ink.

Y/N: Ya think?

Marie: But there fewer walls on the oven to climb now.

Y/N: 4, I want you to distract it this time while I take out it's eye again and so I can have an opening to get rid of the tentacle.

Agent 4: Got it, and stay safe.

Y/N: You too.

4 ran towards the machine catching it's attention and started following her, every loaves of bread that the machine shoots out she easily dodges it. I almost got hit by one of the loaves of bread from the machine but I still kept shooting the eye and at the same time not too often because I don't want it to chase after me, I finally managed to destroy the eye and the machine is now blind again.

The machine is overloading again and all of the loaves of bread shot out, I took the chance and I jumped on of the bread and onto another one so I could reach the machine, as I got there I started blasting the tentacle and it suddenly exploded due to the heat of the laser beams that I kept shooting it with.