Chapter 5: Training with a goddess

"So, who is this Ereshkigal, anyway?" 

Scar asked as they were walking down in what could be seen as a giant cave. It is where Listarte opened the portal to.

"Ereshkigal is the sumerian goddess of underworld. She does not live in the realm of the gods. From her birth she has been thrown to the underworld. She is detested and feared in this world because of that." Listarte explained. "Huh, at least she got it better then me." Scar mused. "Better then you..? What do you mean?" Lista looked at Scar, who sighed ." Someone whose entire life was in luxury till now would never understand. " 

"Hey! " Listarte yelped childishly. Soon, they arrived into a large space, like a clearing. Temperature dropped, somewhat. Listarte shivered a little, but scar was perfectly fine. 

"Is she hear?" Scar asked, though he already knew the answer through "Foresight", one of the techniques he learned. Soon, a wave of coldness spread in the air, a mist, which blocked Listarte's vision, But Scar kept looking straight was the mist formed into a huge female skeleton.

"Fear..pray...and despair....human..I am Ereshkigal, the mistress of the underworld! Those who enter my domain must perish! " It declared menacingly. Listarte looked terrified while scar looked....bored. 

"Hey, are you eresh or kiresh or whatever that is..? I suppose you got the message by the divine realm?" Scar asked. "Yes....so you are the Sacred Guardian....but if you want to learn the secret of my powers...you have to prove yourself worthy...OR DIE TRYING!"

Scar shrugged. "So a fight, then..very well, bring it on."

Listarte panicked."W-wait, Gods are not supposed to kill humans! If you kill a sacred guardian on top of that, your position as a goddess can be stripped! " 

Scar shrugged. "Ignore this useless goddess. Let's settle this now." He took a battle stance.