7

"Who drinks cranberry juice?" Wonwoo asked, confusion written all over his face.

"My mom, apparently," I replied, pushing the cart onto the next stop.

"What a weird taste," he chuckled and put three bottles of cranberry juice on the cart

When we woke up, it was Saturday, Soonyoung was left at Wonwoo's place to rest and laze around while we went to get groceries for my mom. Wonwoo, surprisingly, was helping me buy all the things she needed and even added extras that we might need.

Maybe because he gets discounts because he's an alpha.

"Since you came with me today, I'll great you hamburgers after this." I offered him as I dropped some junk food on the cart.

"Awe, shucks." He then shoved my arm slightly and pretended to act touched.

"Shucks my ass." I rolled my eyes and pushed the cart.

"Awe, you're such a tsundere." He commented and walked along with me onto the isle filled with body necessities.

"Am not," I scanned through the deodorants and put it on the cart.

Unexpectedly, he slung an arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. My arm collided with his chest as he rested his forehead on the top of my head, inching closer till his lips were inches away from my ear. I shuddered at the sudden feeling of his breath on my earlobe, tickling me as the blush rose to my cheeks.

I froze in his grasp, despite all the people that surrounded us. Everything seemed to be blurry as my thoughts were focused on the alpha that pulled me close, my senses losing its purpose.

"Really now?" He asked, his deep voice soothingly whispered to my ear.

In shock, I pushed him away and punched his gut. He only laughed like what he did was absolutely nothing, while I was a total mess because of the stunt that he pulled.

I kicked him one last time before turning my heel from him and proceeded to focus on what I was doing, although the heat in my cheek and the constant pump in my heart prevented me from focusing.

"I-Idiot." I unintentionally stuttered, dropping a conditioner on the pile.

"Mhm, not a tsundere at all." He chuckled and ran to get some shampoo.

See, Wonwoo was that flirty guy that would always catch me off guard whenever he can. Not even minding the people around him that probably thinks were both dating, which is kind of not a bad thing for me.

I stopped rolling the cart and stared at him, who was busy choosing a shampoo for me.

Jeon Wonwoo could be a flirt that could make anyone's heart skip a beat without even trying, a whacky best friend that everyone loves to have, a boy that would enjoy quality time alone and constantly reading romance books.

An alpha that would one day be a successful man, with a worthy mate.

Admiring his tall figure just standing there among many others just makes me smile and think of how he manages to do nothing yet make me happy, to take a glance my way and make my stomach feel all giddy like some fourteen-year-old girl.

It wouldn't be bad if I loved him, would it?

======

"Auntieee~ I'm home." Wonwoo sang as he walked past the door with two plastic bags in each hand.

"Idiot, this is my home." I rolled my eyes and he only chuckled.

He put down the bags on the kitchen counter and sat on one of the stools, my mother immediately greeting him welcome as he smiled like a child.

"Thank you, sweetie." He patted Wonwoo and he smiled.

"You're welcome, auntie."

"Hey, I went to the store too. Shower me with love." I ran to my mom and opened my arms, she caught me and squeezed.

"Ha, auntie loves me more." Wonwoo stuck out his tongue.

"Shut up, you child." I glared and he made a face to ridicule me.

"You're a child." He added.

"Now, now, don't fight you two. Last time I remembered, you're both eighteen." She let go of the hug and went to arrange out newly-bought goods.

I rolled my eyes at the dark-haired alpha and crossed my arms, he mirrored my actions and rolled his eyes too. I shook my head at our childishness and giggled, heading towards my room after.

Once I opened the door, there was a person sitting on my bed with his back faced to me. His blonde hair stood out which made me recognize him immediately, I closed the door as quietly as I can and slowly approached him.

"Soon? What are you doing in my room?" I asked.

He didn't move for a while, he only kept his back at me. I stood there in silence, still confused as to why he got into my room.

Then, his head turned to my direction. His eyes held a mix of shock and confusion, his brows knitted in visible disappointment.

Only then did I notice the long brown envelope with the government's logo stamped on it, on my study table, and opened.

My eyes traveled to the paper he was holding and I suddenly lost my ability to breathe.

"Kahane... you're an omega?"