14

Scribble. Scribble. Scribble.

Kahane sat inside the quiet classroom filled only with pens scribbling down answers and eraser drags, the teacher eyeing each student with daggers, making the pressure increase by tenfolds.

It was their examination day, which was why everyone was so focused, hell, even Soonyoung was crouching down and seriously answering the sheets of test papers.

Everyone was occupied by the exam, but Kahane just sat there, halfway done with her test as another flashback from the other day passed through her mind.

"Kahane, I'm so sorry..."

The young omega could only stare at her crying mother, who she knew did what she thought was right. Nothing could ever be more painful than to see a mother cry for her child, nothing.

Kahane hugged her mother as tight as she could as ger tears slowly trailed down her face and dripped from her chin, choking out sobs from time to time as she caressed het mother.

"I-I can't do anything for you, h-he called and offered such a bright future for you that I couldn't afford to decline." Mrs. Ito held her daughter's face

Kahane held her hand, unable to reply because she was hurt. Hurt not just because she was forced to do something she doesn't want to, but because she knew she had to agree for the sake of the only family she loved.

They sat there in silent sobs, until Kahane mustered up a little strength to speak.

"...tell me why you love him, mom."

The woman widened her eyes in shock of her daughter's sudden question. But still, the sweet mother managed to kindly smile as if the man who left earlier didn't shatter her heart a million times.

"He gave me you."

The girl almost broke her pen because of the hurtful memory from a few days ago, trying her best to continue answering despite feeling depressed.

She couldn't afford to say no to her mom, who only loved her even when nobody could. If it was to make her happy and proud, she'd do it. The problems are that she absolutely despised her father to death and,

How is she going to tell the guys?

Is this really the best way?

No, she'll find a way. The past days she has been thinking of alternatives to make everything work out, from making her dreams to become an artist, make her mother happy, repay all the things her father paid for, and maybe... tell Wonwoo what she feels in case it doesn't turn out well.

"Ugh—"

Ring.

"Alright, hand in your test papers."

Kahane's body flinched as she quickly andwered the temaning questions in the speed of light, standing up anf blending in the crowd of her classmates as she swiftly dropped her paper onto the teacher's desk with complete answers. She huffed a breath of relief and slowly walked back to her seat, plopping her figure onto the chair and slumped down on her table with a groan.

"You're out of it today, what's wrong?" Soonyoung spun his chair and pouted at his best friend.

"I'm hungry," Kahane said half-heartedly.

"Since I'm such a kind friend, I'll go get you some food." Soonyoung got up and excused himself to buy some lunch for them.

"Yo,"