9

"Breaking News: two omega females at the age of sixteen found dead on the side of xxxx street last night..."

"Witnesses say that they committed suicide due to personal problems."

Bullshit.

I turned off the television and snarled, pissed by the news. By the looks of it, the oppressed omegas aren't doing well and are continuing to live a life in fear.

All the lies that sugarcoated the actual situations where omegas are raped boiled my blood, everything was unfair.

Hell, I'll admit that I'm quite afraid.

That's why no one has to know that I'm a potential omega, or else I'll be in big trouble.

======

"Did you hear the news today?" Wonwoo asked, sitting next to Soonyoung while sipping on some juice.

"Yeah, quite harsh if you ask me." Soonyoung replied, not forgettin to look at me warningly.

I sat there in front of them, quiet. It was lunch time and the cafeteria was packed with students buying food and eating lunch, us three were just sitting on a table near the vending machine and chattering.

"

Hey,"

We turned our heads to the person who called, my eyebrows knitted as I saw the group of alphas that we were in the same class with.

The owner of the voice was a silver-haired, Chinese alpha. He was one of the closest friends of Mingyu (who wasn't with them at the moment) and was eventually known as the student who likes to mess with people, although he didn't look like it. He was from the other class, so there wasn't much interaction with him and us.

"Minghao, it's occupied, let's find another seat—"

"Betas should be the ones to adjust," Minghao only raised his brow, specifically at Soonyoung and me.

"Fuck off," I snarled.

I probably said that too loud, because somehow, almost everyone in the cafeteria either had their mouths open in shock or eyes quivering in fear of a so-called beta rebelling an alpha.

"...what did you say?" Minghao glared.

"I said fuck off," I repeated.

"Oi, Kahane, that's enough." Soonyoung said.

"You have the guts to talk back to me, beta." Minghao continued to glare daggers at me, I looked at him back with the same energy.

The news earlier made me angry and Minghao was adding fuel to my fire, if he thinks he can just boss people around like that, then he's wrong.

I stood up, facing him directly with my fists balled.

"Bold of you to assume that I'm a beta."

The crowd gasped at my revelation, I kept my 'alpha' act exclusively just for Wonwoo. Only my class beliebed that I was, now I believe everyone knew.

Oh, too late now.

Minghao stepped closer to and growled, his fangs showing as he did. He was clearly agitated of my sudden actions, but whenever I'm angry, some part of me just loses control and shuts off, this was one of the moments when it happens.

The staredown was making me more angry, the way his eyes glistened in threat didn't make me quiver. I knew he was a potential alpha and omegas like me would submit to that dominance, but because of my angered emotions right now, I won't back down so easily.

"Hey, stop fighting you two, you're both alphas." Wonwoo finally walked in between us.

"Doesn't smell like it," Minghao scoffed before turning away, his friends followed.

"I'm sorry about that, he's just not in the mood." Yugyeom, his friend, apologized.

"Neither am I." I said.

"Kahane," Wonwoo stopped me.

"It's okay bro," Wonwoo smiled and Yugyeom then followed after his pissed off friend.

"Tch,"

"You know, you're short but you get mad easily." Wonwoo patted my head and chuckled.

"I can't let Soonyoung be treated like that just because he has a lower rank." I pouted and sat back down.

"Thanks Hane, I appreciate it but we betas are kinda used to it." Soonyoung chuckled, stratching the back of his head.

"Hmp, that asshole." I muttered.

"Calm down, you already scared him away." Soonyoung said.

After that small scene, everyone was back to what they were doing, as if it didn't happen. While both of them were laughing about a random meme they found on Wonwoo's phone, I just sat there and munched on the salad I left earlier.

Ting.

The small sound of my phone's notification sound rang, I grabbed it from my vest's pockets and turned it on. It was a message from Soonyoung, so I unlocked my phone to read what he sent.

[Great, you just lied to the whole school.]

I texted back, [I did it for you, dumbass. Betas aren't supposed to be treated that way]

Soonyoung's phone rang and saw my text, he immediately typed back his response.

[That's the world we're living in, amd besides, like I said, were used to it.]

[What are you gonna do now?]

We held eye contact for a moment, Wonwoo was busy playing a game on his phone for him to notice us.

[Just watch me.]

At that moment, I decided to fight for people's rights, regardless of their rank. An omega or a beta, they don't deserve this discrimination.

I will pretend to be an alpha, to protect my kind.