Prologue

My breathing is steady, my hands resting on my lap as I sit on the bed. Engrossed with the lock on the window that is keeping me trapped here. I was confined within the walls of this room.

A shudder ran through me when I heard a loud clicking noise. Cold air invaded the room as the door opened making me wrap my arms around myself.

My breathing was no longer steady and felt an invisible noose around my bruised neck grow tighter each time his footsteps came closer.

I did not look away from the lock as it strangely gave me comfort. He stood on my right side and laid his large calloused hand on my shoulder. Unintentionally, I flinched and gripped my arms even harder.

"Amour, what did I say about staying away from the front door?" His deep voice reverberating with power and command. Fear ran through my veins as he began to tighten his grip.

I mentally scold myself for being ignorant by forgetting about the installed cameras he put.

"You t-told me to stay 6 feet away." I cautiously whispered.

I felt like my heart was going to explode and my adrenaline surges intensely making me want to vomit. He sighed loudly and let go of my shoulder much to my relief.

"Stand up." His cold response caused my body to listen to him and immediately did what he said.

He stood in front of me and had to look down due to our height difference. He towered over me and grabbed my chin with his hand to look at him.

His blue eyes that I once have dreamed of has become my nightmare.

"Papillon, you're in a lot of trouble."
-
-
-
Hello readers!
Please tell me what you think about this to see if I should continue or not. Thanks!