II

JANE
🦋

I stopped by a pizzeria to get a club sandwich since I was too tired to cook.

When I opened the door I wasn't surprised when I saw a couple of people hanging in the kitchen and living room. My roommate Amanda is an extrovert girl who likes to mingle with different people.

She was beautiful in a classical way, her golden long locks and ivory skin complimented her piercing green eyes. Men desired her and women strive for her friendship.

 Men desired her and women strive for her friendship

I'm the opposite of her as you can tell. Her and I aren't close and I'm comfortable with that. The only time we talk is when we greet each other or if we need something from each other.

When I got to my door I felt a hand on my arm. I immediantly yanked my hand, thinking it was some of the guests.

I sighed in relief when I saw it was just Amanda. She gave me an apologetic smile and took a hold of her blonde locks, twirling it around her delicate finger.

"Didn't mean to frighten you I just wanted to give you this." It was my necklace that I let her borrow.

I gave her a soft smile and thanked her. She nodded her head and left to serve her guests. I opened my door and locked it.

I turned around and put my food on the table. I grabbed my laptop and opened it to put a movie on. I sighed in satisfaction as I looked around.

My room looks like a bedroom/living room, the furniture was made out of wood, making it look cozy. I left to go shower and changed out of my attire. When I was done I put on some soft pink joggers and an oversized white t-shirt.

As I was changing I couldn't help but look at myself in the mirror. I was a bit underweight, so my ribs were noticible. I had a small chest and skinny short legs. My dull hair was straight and brown, making it look ordinary.

Amanda once told me girls would kill for my lips. She said I was blessed to have plump, rosy lips. I don't think so, they're too 'plumpy' for my liking.

My teeth weren't perfect, a few of them were crooked on the bottom. My nose looked ordinary and my eyes were dark brown hidden by my glasses. I cringed in sight and walked away from the mirror.

Luca came into my mind and wondered why on earth he would want to take me out. It was obvious that I didn't look appealing or interesting.

He would never like a girl like you. You're Plain Jane, remember?

I sulked in despair and went back to my room. 40 minutes passed by and I was done with my sandwich. I'm a slow eater so don't judge.

I spent the whole day in my room and just as I was about to lay on my bed a sound came from my phone.