Why Can't I Be Your Lover.....

Damon P.O.V

I didn’t expect for my first night home to turn out the way it did with some vampire hunter grabbing Nico and I along with Enzo and try and drive us pass Mystic Falls border. Then I had a wakeup call by my son to tell me that life too short to hold resentment. That we all needed to stop these bitter feuds and move on and holding on to the past and let it all go. Considering I still looked at Nico as a kid who had to literally grown up fast. He was a wise kid as what he told me had hit home to me that I was given a second chance to live again. That was all down to that brave witch Bonnie and I wasn’t going to waste my time this time with holding on to grudges. That Stefan was behaving the way he was meaning the old me because I was gone. I guess him being like that was some kind of way keeping me here or the fact that Stefan had completely lost his mind. I’m going to go with he lost his mind cause I can’t imagine Stefan being like old me all heartless and all. That side of him used to come out to play when he went all ripper mode I knew that hadn’t happened. 

Then the moment of truth was going to happen after my ranting to Stefan of how I felt about this whole situation of today. He reminded me that Siena was waiting for me and that I needed to face her and see what the outcome would be. I let out my fear to him that what if we see each other and it’s not the same any more that she doesn’t feel anything for me. Stefan basically told me to suck it up and just face her as I would never know until I see her. So when I left the bar I felt a lot of emotions from excitement all the way down to fear. When I arrived at her place it took me about ten minutes to gather up my courage to knock on her door. When it opened and I saw her face it was like I was falling in love all over again. With those beautiful big green eyes her perfect contoured face and those plump lips that I enjoyed kissing a million times over. She looked more stunning than I recalled when I last saw her it was like I was blinded by her beauty. So I thought I should start off this conversation as we both stood there awkwardly looking at one another. In that moment I wanted to be able to read her mind to have that cool power that she had. All that time Siena was jealous of my vampire speed I was envious of her able to read my thoughts when I couldn’t with hers.

Then I was taken back by the fact where once her swollen baby bump was completely flat. I felt anger because she must have had our daughter and no one told me? I knew I had to keep it cool for now until I actually got an explanation of why I hadn’t been told. Siena told me that she would bring me to see her in that moment I was excited to see my little girl all I kept thinking was who she looked like. Would she have my eyes or Siena? I kind of hoped that she had Siena’s actually imagined her to look exactly like her. I was totally lost in my thoughts as I followed Siena but I notice she was bringing me to Fells cemetery. When Siena began to tell me about this complicated delivery how some friend of Elena brought my little girl back to life. I felt sorrow then relief but that was all shattered when Siena told me that our little girl didn’t even make it through her first night.

I didn’t know what to feel as I think I was in shock more than anything else because right in front of me I just saw a broken Siena. I couldn’t look at her not because I was mad at her or the fact that she was blaming herself. It was because I wasn’t there for her in her darkest of hours that she had to go through all that alone. That what hurt on top of the fact that our little girl had passed away.  The woman I loved more than anything was broken in front of me. She was concern how to break all this to Nico but I knew it was hard enough for her to tell me. I assured her that I would tell Nico and that I was here for her throughout all this as I held her tightly in my arms. This wasn’t what I envisioned how we would reunite to be honest I didn’t know what to expect anymore all I did know was I had to be strong for my family.

I brought Siena back to her place she hadn’t stopped crying since she told me she looked so lost so alone but she wasn’t she had me. I don’t think she realized that but in time I hope she would see that. I brought her into her room and helped her into bed as she seemed so confused with what she was doing she just looked so lost. I wanted to break down myself not just the loss of my little girl but to see Siena looking like a shattered china doll. I was about to leave but she asked me to stay so I walked back over to her and sat beside her. Siena place in her head on my chest which I responded by wrapping my arm around her to comfort her while she cried herself to sleep. Even when I knew she was a sleep I didn’t want to leave her. There was something happening between us right now I could sense that because she asked me to stay she wanted me to comfort her. Was the tragic death of our daughter going to make us overcome this huge obstacle?