For My Salvation.....

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην kouki059

Caroline P.O.V

The world and place I once knew was turned upside down all because of power and magic. That what it all comes down to right? It's like a pyramid you start from the very bottom and your climb you way up until you become the one this that no one can destroy. I've been a vampire for the better half of three years and I've seen so much. Hurt, pain, love, lust, heartache all the emotions that not only humans go through but even us. Vampires. Now I'm living in a world where I've lost so much Bonnie, Damon, Siena and it pains me to say this but Nico too. You know who is actually to blame for all this? Me. I was foolish and stupid and blinded by the signs I saw because...... Because I was in love. You may ask who was I in love with. Nico? Nickar? Every part of me wants to say I fell in love with Nico because that's who I thought he was the whole time. I thought that strange behaviour was down to being back with his mom and dad. Our lives in Mystic Falls was never easy and I just thought...... It doesn't matter what I thought because in all this I wasn't important. It didn't matter what I was going through. Bonnie was stripped out of lives once again but there was two people who held greater pain than all of us. My closest friends had lost their brother and sister and there nephew to the darkness that consumed him. So what right did I have to grieve for any of them?

I did grieve in silence because I didn't do anything to stop Nico..... No I mean Nickar. He convinced Damon to kill Siena he played Damon as he played all of us. I watched as all my friends grieved over her death. A broken Elena who I had seen time and time again but this time it was different she was trying to keep it all together but I could see the death of her sister. Her only sister by blood had made a part of Elena the girl I've known my while life die. As much as I wanted to comfort her and tell her that everything was going to be okay I just couldn't. Then there was Damon the guy who I once looked as a jerk an ass a guy who was heartless and didn't think of anyone. That guy was dead as soon as Siena came into his life. He turned into this amazing guy that did good rather than bad every single thing he did was for her. As I watched him broken I felt compassion towards him because Damon hadn't only lost the love of his existence. Also the one thing he thought was never would be able to have his son. So my suffering and grieving I did in silence because truth of the matter I didn't deserve to grieve over any of them. I didn't deserve that comforting cuddle and words of everything will be okay that they are all in a better place.

There a memory that stayed stuck in my mind until this very day. The memory of when Nickar relived himself after killing Stefan. His very last words to me "There a little souvenir for our last meet" The way he stood there as he toss Stefan heart like it was nothing. That Stefan was nothing to him. That when I knew that Nico was gone because the Nico I knew was kind and gentle even if he didn't grow up with his family. You could always see that look of admiration he held for them. He didn't judge them because of what they were he accept them all for they goodness and faults. "You know what so awesome about be sanguinis nexus" Even as he spoke it was like a totally different man before me. A man who I truly never really knew "Is that I know truth Caroline. You fell in love with me" Those words have haunted me until this very day as when Nico and I started this relationship I held strong feeling but in the I fell for a monster. The monster named Nickar. All I felt was guilt because I fell in love with the devil I allowed myself to betray the man I love. Cause that's what it is. If I did knew Nico as well as I thought I did I would have known this wasn't his kind of behaviour? This is like a pattern even before Nico came along I felt drawn to Klaus. Was this some kind of default within myself that I went for the lost souls? It didn't matter now as this is what it is.

So we all continued to mourn over the loss of our friends that didn't come back from the other side. I guess the one thing that was comforting is that in death Siena and Damon found one another. Then there was Bonnie who really had no hope in coming back and she knew that. Jeremy was a total mess because of it. So for four months we were all deal with it in our own way. Stelena aka Elena and Stefan had gotten a little cottage on the out skirts of Mystic Falls. They tried to move on from all this they deserved it they were finally together and I'm sure Siena and Damon would want them happy. Beneath all the smiles they both gave you could see that look of loss of the two most important people in their lives. Then there was Alaric who was back from beyond the grave he was trying to adapt to this life once again. Then again I could see him grieving for the loss of his best friend and also a girl whom he looked at as a daughter. I guess your wondering what I've been doing throughout the four months. I've been finding a way to bring down the spell Nickar had placed on Mystic Falls. I played a huge part in letting him get this and I owe it to myself and everyone who can't step a foot into our beloved town.