Another Prince

Angst
Human AU
TW: break-up?

"You love him, don't you?" The question hung in the air that filled with tension so thick it was suffocating. Remus walked away from the door he had just shut behind their guests and into the living room with his twin.

"Who?" Remus managed to get out, knowing full well who he meant.

Roman shot a teary glare at Remus and snapped out, "Don't."

Remus' chest tightened and a lump formed in his throat. He dropped his head to stare at the carpet. Roman sucked in a shaky breath, trying desperately not to let out his sobs. He slapped his thighs as he stood up from the couch and nodded to himself.

"Roman, please-"

"No, I get it. You're perfect for each other. Go for it." Roman brushed past his twin to go upstairs. Remus gripped onto Roman's arm though.

"Ro, I love you. We ran away together. I suck at keeping secrets, and yet I've kept our relationship a secret for four years. Four years. I love you so much, Ro." Remus' voice cracked and sobs started to escape between words.

"Feelings change... I get it... I know you don't love me as much as you once did. And last night you were talking in your sleep... He makes you happy, and I want you to be happy. How much longer could we really hide this anyways?" Roman tugged his arm away, "I'm sleeping in the spare bedroom tonight."

"Roman, wait, please!" Remus called after his brother as he ran upstairs.

"We can talk in the morning!" Roman shouted back, unable to hold back his sobs any longer. The spare bedroom door slammed shut, muffling his sobs. Remus collapsed to his knees and cried into his hands. All he could think about was how he had betrayed his prince by falling in love with another.

20:34 June 1, 2020