Dance With Me

Angst
Sci-fi!AU
Ok, seriously be careful with this one. Mentions of guns, massacres, and death.
This started off with just some sad idea but then...something happened and it turned into this? (The songs above are two of the songs I listened to while writing this and I imagined them dancing to either. You can decide for yourself which you want them to dance to.)

The lovers held each other close and swayed side to side. Their foreheads were pressed together with tears streaming down their faces. Only one could hear the music they danced to with the headphones he wore. It almost blocked out the screams and gunshots coming from the floor below. But even if it managed to block out the sounds, his lover gave away everytime there was a shot by the slight tightening of his hands and shake of his body. Roman pulled his head back to look into his boyfriend's eyes. He wished he hadn't. Remus' panic-stricken look was too much to bear. Roman whimpered and buried his face into the crook of his neck, sobbing softly. Remus jumped as he heard the door down the hall be kicked open and shut his eyes tightly. He knew they'd be in their apartment soon, but he continued to sway with his partner. Their fingers intertwined and bodies close together.

Then their apartment door was kicked open. Remus cried out and abandoned their dancing position to hug Roman tightly. Roman's sobs weren't quiet anymore as he gripped onto Remus as tight as he possibly could. Their bedroom door slamming open soon after.

Humans were hard-wired to destroy. They were greedy for power and control. But they were cowardly and only knew one way to get what they wanted: Kill whatever threatened to take away their control.

The aliens who escaped the massacres wondered what would have happened if the warnings had come sooner. If they had fought back instead of complying to the human's desires peacefully. Clearly the humans were too scared to care if the aliens had listened or not. They still ordered for them to be killed after all.

And those who were killed wept at their goddess' feet. She comforted them with watery smiles and fiery rage in her eyes. She would make the humans pay for their atrocities. That started with calling upon two angels to be her warriors. And the two warriors' anger was endless.

What...did I just write?
17:11 June 15, 2020