Summer Morning

Fluff/Slight Angst?
Human!AU (they're twins in this)
Remus uses it/its pronouns and Roman's are still he/him.
I woke up this morning and got this idea because of how my room felt... Also, am I the only one who notices that early summer mornings have a certain smell to them? I couldn't begin to describe the smell, but there's a smell. I like it? Not as much as the smell of rain... Okay, anyways, on with the story. (I'm sorry I'm so bad at fluff...)

The early morning air was cool, just enough to send goosebumps across one's skin. The sky was transitioning from the stars being put to bed and the sun waking up. Faint light peaked through the red curtains of the seventeen-year-old boy's bedroom that billowed from the fan quietly whirring on the ceiling. The open window let in the summer morning air and made the dim room almost too cold. But the two teengers in the red and white bed didn't mind. The older twin holding its brother against its chest as though it'd lose him in the night. Their blankets had been kicked off in the night and now their bare legs were tangled together.

Remus shifted and groaned quietly as it was pulled from its dream, slowly blinking open its emerald eyes. It looked around tiredly and gently squeezed Roman before burying its nose into his brown hair. Roman grunted and stretched his limbs, blearily gazing at his dresser across the room. He shivered and hugged Remus' arms against him tighter. Remus hummed and placed a kiss to the back of his neck, making Roman smile. He rolled onto his other side so he could face his twin and bury his face into its chest. Remus felt around for the blankets and pulled them over top of them. The two lying in the much too comfortable bed in each others arms.

The twins had finally been able to be themselves all week with their parents on vacation. They didn't have to be afraid of getting caught being closer than twins were meant to be. They spent every moment with each other. Watching movies, midnight skinny-dipping in their pool, painting together sometimes on each other, giving each other manicures and makeovers, cooking fancy meals together, and just holding each other close and kissing for as long as their lungs allowed them to. They couldn't get enough of each other. And Remus was finally able to get a full night's sleep free of nightmares with its brother's gentle voice singing it to sleep.

"Ro...I don't want them to come home tonight..." Remus whispered.

"I know, my love. But let's focus on the present, yeah?" Roman held it tighter, pressing a few kisses to its shoulder and chest.

"I love you." Remus' voice wavered. Roman looked up and gave it a reassuring smile, cupping its jaw in his hands. He kissed Remus softly.

"I love you, too."

15:13 June 15, 2020