Finally

Requested by astrophile_enby
Fluff
A/B/O au.
Mentions of being in heat.
I honestly don't know what this turned into... But I ran with the second idea that popped into my head. Hope you like it!

"Cuddles, Alpha?" Remus pouted and made grabby hands at his alpha.

"Of course, My Omega." Roman smiled softly and wrapped the towel around Remus, scooping him up into his arms. Entering their bedroom, Roman set Remus on the bed and found them both pajamas. Remus collapsed back against his nest on their bed and went limp, making Roman's job of drying and dressing him a little difficult. Remus giggled everytime Roman moved him, especially when he'd purposely tickle him. Soon enough, they were both in their favorite, fluffy onesies and climbing back into the nest Remus had created. Roman had cleaned up their mess while Remus was in the bath, so it was ready for the two of them to cuddle.

The omega snuggled up into his alpha's side as soon as he could and breathed in his calming scent. The alpha wrapping him in a warm embrace and nuzzling his nose into his omega's soft hair. Both of them were exhausted trying to keep up with Remus' heat. Remus mumbled after a moment, "Do you think it's done yet?"

"Probably." Roman hummed and kissed Remus' hair, shifting into a more comfortable position. Remus giggled softly as he was pulled partially on top of Roman. His head now resting on his chest, arms wrapped around his middle, and legs tangling up with his.

"And do you think that..." Remus trailed off, scared to really ask. They had been trying for so long that it was difficult for Remus to even talk about anymore.

Roman sighed softly, "I don't know, Re... We'll know in a couple weeks though, right?"

"Yeah..." Remus frowned a little, wanting to know now.

"Hey, at least this time we had those pills and stuff that's supposed to help, right?" Roman began to massage Remus' back to comfort him.

"Yeah, and I was actually in heat this time. So the chances are better..." Remus sniffled and buried his face into Roman's chest.

"I know, Baby..." Roman squeezed his husband gently and pressed kisses to the top of his head. "Let's just get some sleep now, yeah?"

-two weeks later-

The alpha nervously paced just outside the bathroom where the omega had locked himself in. His thoughts were racing. How long does it take for the results to show? What if the results are negative? Can Remus handle another negative test?

The couple had tried to have kids for about a year before going to a doctor. Now, they had been doing everything they were told but still worried it wouldn't work. Roman stopped pacing as their dog whined at him. He went to say something to the dog before he heard a muffled sob from the bathroom. Roman's heart dropped as he assumed the worst and went to knock on the door. But the omega swung the door open and pounced on Roman before he could knock. Tears streamed down his face as he bounced and held the test with shaky hands. "Look, look!"

Roman took the test in confusion but was soon in the same state as Remus. They both squealed and sobbed, hugging each other tightly. Roman showered his husband in kisses. "We did it, Love!"

"We-" Remus hiccupped and sobbed, "We're gonna be dads!"

"And we're going to spoil them rotten." Roman giggled and wiped at his non-stop flow of tears. Remus nodded and began to bounce excitedly, shaking Roman by his shoulders. Roman scooped Remus up into his arms and spun them around with a big, watery grin on his face. "We'll be the best parents to ever exist."

"They'll call you 'Dad' and me 'Papa.'" Remus grinned and wrapped his arms around Roman's neck. Roman set him back down on the floor and pulled him into a kiss.

"We're finally going to be parents..." Roman mumbled as they parted. Remus hummed and sniffled.

"Thank you for not giving up on me..."

"I would never give up on you, my love." Roman hugged him tightly. "I love you so much."

Remus buried his face into the crook of Roman's neck, trying to hold back more tears. "I love you too."

Eh? I didn't actually know how to end it so it's kind of abrupt... But there you go. Was it okay?

22:32 June 8, 2020